For a good 2 months I tried and tried to get the 2.0 update to work on my watch... with no success.

The basic problem was that I couldn't get my google user ID and password to sync up at all. And as a result of that, I could not log into playstore on my watch and fully update the watch with anything other than factory reset settings and apps. This was back in ~April 2017.

So the watch has been sitting on my night stand and I just used it as a clock for th epast 7 months.

Fast forward to today and just for the halibut I tried factory resetting it... and re-downloading the latest android wear. To my elated surprise... the install completes and for the first time EVER, I am able to sync my google user ID onto the watch and log into AW 2.0 playstore!!!... and install everything the way it should.

!!!! I AM SO HAPPY !!!

I got all my google messages all sync'd up, and am once again able to receive text messages and get wrist notifications!!

Strange!!... strange, strange!!
    12-03-2017 10:46 PM
    Great! For me, there did appear to be a glitch on the previous Android Wear 2.x version on my Huawei Watch, where Android Messages just would never install. Once it updated to AW 2.6, it worked -- so maybe that's one of the reasons your watch works now. Enjoy!
    12-05-2017 01:06 AM
    Yeah I guess Google finally figured it out. I am not exactly sure what release it was that fixed it though. About 2 hours after I did the initial installation, it did receive a major update which also went smoothly.
    B. Diddy likes this.
    12-05-2017 10:32 AM