Motorola: Moto 360 Smartwatch powered by Android Wear

kalo88

Jun 20, 2013
Visit site
In true Motorola fashion they'll release it in the US first and then the rest of the world when they get round to it.... aka, when it's no longer wanted anymore.

That's Moto's problem and has been for some time, it seems to think the US is the only important market. Google now is very similar too, a lot of features just don't work the same here in the UK.

A895

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
In true Motorola fashion they'll release it in the US first and then the rest of the world when they get round to it.... aka, when it's no longer wanted anymore.

That's Moto's problem and has been for some time, it seems to think the US is the only important market. Google now is very similar too, a lot of features just don't work the same here in the UK.

U.S. is Motorola's back yard so....

Posted via Moto X or Droid RAZR M on the Android Central App

ARR22

May 18, 2010
Visit site
I agree with no subsidation of price by carriers. $400 seems a fair starting point.

If Moto can make the Moto G and sell it for less then 200 unsubsidized. They should be able to sell a watch for 150-250$ easily. Smaller screen, less resolution, less ram, less processing power, less sensors, and smaller battery. Should equate a lesser price tag then a flag ship device. At least I hope.

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Its called guessing??

LG flagship phone cost a lot more than $250, these watches wont be subsidized through carriers.

Im pretty sure most ppl that like watches, have more than 1. lol

I was referring to the Moto 360 in comparison to the Moto X. $350-400 is as much as the Moto X off contract.

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimKat 4.4.2

ctk4949

Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
I was referring to the Moto 360 in comparison to the Moto X. $350-400 is as much as the Moto X off contract.

You meant the Moto X off contract is $400.

The way the Moto 360 looks, it looks like a expensive watch. So I think $350-400 is reasonable.

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
You meant the Moto X off contract is $400.

The way the Moto 360 looks, it looks like a expensive watch. So I think $350-400 is reasonable.

I did say off-contract. Your quote even shows that...
I don't expect the watch to be more expensive than the Samsung Gear 2, which is also made of metal. They're the only ones who have a smartwatch that expensive. The rest are below that price

ctk4949

Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
I did say off-contract. Your quote even shows that...
I don't expect the watch to be more expensive than the Samsung Gear 2, which is also made of metal. They're the only ones who have a smartwatch that expensive. The rest are below that price

hmm my bad i thought it said on contract.

We will just have to wait and see how much it will be. :p

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Is it going to be weird to say OK Google Now and have your Moto X and Moto 360 both go off?

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Is it going to be weird to say OK Google Now and have your Moto X and Moto 360 both go off?

In that case I'd turn off always listening on the Moto X. No need to have two devices that will do quick searches for you

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
In that case I'd turn off always listening on the Moto X. No need to have two devices that will do quick searches for you

I hope there's some sort of training to your own voice like Moto X. Saying OK Google and setting off everyone's Android Wear could be hilarious.

Hilman76

May 27, 2011
Visit site
If Moto can make the Moto G and sell it for less then 200 unsubsidized. They should be able to sell a watch for 150-250$ easily. Smaller screen, less resolution, less ram, less processing power, less sensors, and smaller battery. Should equate a lesser price tag then a flag ship device. At least I hope.

This is what I was also thinking, I am hoping that the 360 comes in at $199-249.

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
I hope there's some sort of training to your own voice like Moto X. Saying OK Google and setting off everyone's Android Wear could be hilarious.

I'd think so. Or they wouldn't make it an always listening feature, but a press of a button thing

leafs123

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site
I'd think so. Or they wouldn't make it an always listening feature, but a press of a button thing

I'm sure they can set it so that the watch's listening feature overrides the phone when they're paired. Seems logical.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
With everything "new", I really hope Motorola can hit the $200 price point. Would be even better at $150. Maybe Google "subsidizes" the first Motorola and LG Android Wear smartwatches to get these onto the wrists of more people.

Anon8154066

Oct 19, 2013
Visit site
Well I have to say and yes this is purely based on images but the Moto 360 is one well designed Smartwatch and it clearly shows great attention to detail.

I would strongly suggest that if this much attention has gone into design then the same level will be put into the software side also.

If the above is correct and it no doubt will be then we have one well thought out Smartwatch (like them or loathe them, you have to admit this is looking and sounding very good indeed)

This coupled with Android wear yes the Galaxy Gear is out of my mind and the Moto 360 is at the forefront ;-)

Sent From the one the only the magnificent Note 3.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trudycharles