Google I/O: "Moto 360 available later in the summer". Seriously?!?!?

amroa

Jul 9, 2012
Visit site
What a blown opportunity....

I signed up on Moto's 360 blog, and have got nothing. And now they can't deliver at Google I/O? The crowd even groaned about that one.

LG GWatch to be available (pre-order?) later today!!!!

Alexander Buff

May 5, 2013
Visit site
So what is the big deal with the 360. I'm really interested in the Android Wear, and the LG G watch seems like a good start, but everybody seems to be waiting for the 360. What's the deal?

neonworm

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
So what is the big deal with the 360. I'm really interested in the Android Wear, and the LG G watch seems like a good start, but everybody seems to be waiting for the 360. What's the deal?

Because the Moto 360 is awesome. It has a gorgeous design, and a lot of cool features (for example, wireless charging). I am so hyped for the Moto 360.

msnider23

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
I'll likely pick up the Gear Live because it looks nicer and is cheaper by $30 than the G watch. Would have gone 360 but likely won't wait until "later this summer"

lindseybp

May 7, 2010
Visit site
FUUUUDDGGEE! Late summer, come on Moto. The head google guy was wearing one and that dude from the verge wore one on Jimmy Fallon so this has to be pretty much ready I would think? Damn.

amroa

Jul 9, 2012
Visit site

Just the beauty of it.

Round for a watch just looks nicer (to me). All the other ones look like what a tech company would think people want, and for most it may. But since this is something you "wear" it should also look nice, and the Moto 360 is the only one that looks good. Again IMHO.

lindseybp

May 7, 2010
Visit site
Hoping AC gets a hands on tonight and posts. I've seen posts of some of the other tech sites who got a hands on and they all seem to be super psyched about it although it's just a quick hands on. All say build quality is excellent. Can't wait for this thing!

LadyRapunzel

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
Because I'm a girl, and I like pretty things...

Seriously though, because everything else, except for maybe the Pebble Steel (I still have yet to see one in person), reminds me of the big black calculator watch I had as a kid. I would like something I can wear in a professional setting that won't look like a toy.

D-Caf

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
I'm curious about the Moto 360 because it's design is beautiful. As Ladyrapunzel mentioned, I don't really want something that looks like a calculator watch on my arm. I'm also hoping that they put better water protection than IP67 on the watch. I like doing some light water sports, and no offense to LG and Samsung, but IP67 just means you don't have to freak if you wash your hands or get caught in the rain.

Currently I'm pretty happy with my Cogito Classic smart watch. It's not as smart as the pebbles of the world, but it looks a hell of a lot better and has a 100M water rating (I can go swimming with no fear). And with the latest firmware and app updates it's now a much more pleasant experience with my Nexus 5.

Zift

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
You are the only one who knows what she is talking about here.
But thickness!!! It is huuuge! Almost a centimeter towering on hand - no thanks!
My Swiss watch, stupid one but my watch, is about 3mm.
CENTIMETER fat watch can be god for divers not people waring it every day...
You may heart someone by it when you pass by the person!

lindseybp

May 7, 2010
Visit site
You are the only one who knows what she is talking about here.
But thickness!!! It is huuuge! Almost a centimeter towering on hand - no thanks!
My Swiss watch, stupid one but my watch, is about 3mm.
CENTIMETER fat watch can be god for divers not people waring it every day...
You may heart someone by it when you pass by the person!

Fat watches aren't that bad. I have a casio i wear regularly that is just over 1.5cm and I never have a problem running into things, etc. It's really not as bad as it sounds or looks with the Moto.

ddot196

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
Summer....as in late late end of the summer release lol. I'm guessing end of August or so.

Posted via Android Central App

DroidDavi

Jan 25, 2012
Visit site
As long as the keep it in "summer" that's mid September at the latest . Android wear looks great but I'm roll with my pebble for now

Posted via Android Central App

ultravisitor

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site
I'm sure Motorola have a very valid reason for missing this opportunity.

Well, according to the Tech Crunch hands-on article, Motorola always planned on a launching on their own late August time frame and didn't want to rush the project for the I/O deadline.

tdizzel

Apr 24, 2011
Visit site
I love this site
"Smartwatches are useless, there's just no point to them, I don't know why anyone would have one...what? the 360 isn't coming out until late summer? I can't possibly wait that long, I'm getting a G watch!"
Cracks me up.
But yeah, I won't be happy until this watch starts getting called the One Plus 360