Disappointed

Userp222

Feb 16, 2014
Visit site
I agree! Its like they want to beat the competition to the punch, just to say they did it first, but still it's takes months to deliver. Same thing with apps and pc gaming, I feel I'm always paying to play a beta or for Christ sake an alpha game for that matter and by the time the release is out....... I'm on to the next beta or alpha. Phones and watches are no different we are all paying testers.

Posted via Android Central App

Last edited:

MojoVersion8

Aug 12, 2013
Visit site
while I agree that it's usually better to announce a product and release it soon after (before the hype dies down) I think they might have gotten pushed out the door by Google this time, since Google is the one to announce Android Wear not Motorola
and I'm not sure what people have been hearing about the size and battery life that's really that disappointing

EDIT: seen the rumour I think this was referring now but it sounds like bs since what was shown at Google I/O was supposed to be production hardware and now it's made out of plastic? I doubt this

Last edited:

Userp222

Feb 16, 2014
Visit site
I had the Galaxy Gear watch and really loved it...the battery life was horrible at first but got much better with each update....then tizen was installed and at least I could last the day without a charge, the watch charged quickly anyway. So im sure as they tweak the os battery life will get better over time.

zorak950

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
They pretty much had to announce something early to take the wind out of Samsung and LG's sails, but there will come a point past which consumer anticipation turns to frustration, and I have the sense that's rapidly approaching.

Jlav78

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
They pretty much had to announce something early to take the wind out of Samsung and LG's sails, but there will come a point past which consumer anticipation turns to frustration, and I have the sense that's rapidly approaching.

I passed that point and bought a G watch. I ordered a rosewood skin from Gadgetwraps to make it look a bit better, hoping to get a real leather strap for it to really make it perfect. Adding all this could make it as cool looking as the Moto, lack of customisation is one of the reasons I wanted my watch to have larger bezels. I don't see the Moto having much skin support except maybe along the sides. The way Moto seems to be going is that the watch should look beautiful out of the box.

monkmullen

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site

I was just thinking about this. The longer they wait to announce something concrete regarding price and release, the less interested I am in this thing.

Stang68

Mar 15, 2010
Visit site
I passed that point and bought a G watch. I ordered a rosewood skin from Gadgetwraps to make it look a bit better, hoping to get a real leather strap for it to really make it perfect. Adding all this could make it as cool looking as the Moto, lack of customisation is one of the reasons I wanted my watch to have larger bezels. I don't see the Moto having much skin support except maybe along the sides. The way Moto seems to be going is that the watch should look beautiful out of the box.

...your G watch looks good with a sticker on it? I can't help but think of something like this:
Dodge-Ram-Quad-Cab-2003-1-Dash-Kits.jpg

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuckm