Disappointed

zorak950

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
I've spent some time thinking about it, and I don't think it bothers me. In fact, I'm not completely sure that I don't kind of like it. The thing already has a lot of roundness; I think making the bezel in the way they did gives it character.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
probably, yes. once you've seen the dead space, you can't unsee it...

Exactly. If it was a just an outside bezel, well... but it's right inside the screen! And it's dead! And it doesn't do anything! I'm almost hoping this was only to cover something up they didn't want to show during I/O (like the sticker they had on the back to hide the charging bits).

Lorak

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
It's in the circle, but not part of the screen technically. They have to put the screen digitizer controls, and sensors somewhere.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
It's in the circle, but not part of the screen technically. They have to put the screen digitizer controls, and sensors somewhere.
How about underneath the screen? ;)

You know what? I think it's more about the expectation build-up. When Android Wear was first announced and the Moto360 dummy render was shown, the images for the 'round' version was that of a FULL circle. Fast Forward to Google I/O and it turns out the 360 is not actually a full circle.

I'll wait until I see one in person. But at least from the pictures, I just can't stop staring at that dark area. At least they should print a logo on it or something...

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Hahaha no :p

And I was thinking more of a subtle "M" logo... something to make it seem more useful than 'it's just a dead chunk of plastic'

YAYTech

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
Hahaha no :p

And I was thinking more of a subtle "M" logo... something to make it seem more useful than 'it's just a dead chunk of plastic'

Somewhere I saw an interview where they said that little area holds the display driver and light sensor. Not sure how much of the space the light sensor takes up, but it would certainly mean any logo couldn't cover the whole thing. It does hurt the aesthetic a bit, but IMO it's not that big of a deal. The bottom was probably the best place to put it, though they probably could've done something creative with that area to make it seem like it was on purpose. Trying to make it blend in sort of ends up making it stand out.

MojoVersion8

Aug 12, 2013
Visit site
Somewhere I saw an interview where they said that little area holds the display driver and light sensor. Not sure how much of the space the light sensor takes up, but it would certainly mean any logo couldn't cover the whole thing. It does hurt the aesthetic a bit, but IMO it's not that big of a deal. The bottom was probably the best place to put it, though they probably could've done something creative with that area to make it seem like it was on purpose. Trying to make it blend in sort of ends up making it stand out.
in some images (can't find them again, sorry) you can actually see the ambient light sensor, about the same size as it is on most smartphones I think (a bit over 1mm diameter)

shaytoon21

Mar 8, 2012
Visit site
the "empty" space doesnt bother me at all. if moto addresses this then yeah cool, but if not, its no biggie for me. 360 is the only wearable i enjoy the most so far aesthetically speaking, it just looks the nicest, imo. and id prefer it with the metal band instead of leather. what i also like about it is the regular face of it, on how its a cool looking watch.

zorak950

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
I'll be surprised if they price it above $300. Nobody will buy one. I'm expecting something in the $200-$300 range.

alphabets

Nov 23, 2009
Visit site
Everyday I just get more and more down on this watch. Rumors about the size, price and battery life have me much less excited than when it was first announced. Also, the wait is ridiculous. That is one thing about Apple I really like....they announce it and it's available. Don't tease me.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech