I wonder if Moto 360 will be available on Play store?

Aglet

Jun 25, 2014
Visit site
I was a little surprised that both the LG Gear watch and Samsung Gear Live are available to buy from Google Play.

Okay, Google doesn't have watch of its own branding; although it could be argued that since LG manufacture the Nexuses there is no real conflict in their watch appearing for sale as the two companies are clearly business partners (except we can't buy a G2 or a G Flex etc phone on Google Play).

But Samsung is a direct competitor, hence my surprise at seeing their watch for sale on a Google site.

So... when it is released, will another competitor's watch appear on the Play store as well? I mean, the Moto 360.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
I think that as long as they meet a certain criteria, like the Nexus program, they would be available on Google Play. For Android Wear devices, I kinda feel like they would be, I don't know. And since Moto was just recently a part of Google, at least this one might be possible for them to have started out when it was still Google's property, like the Moto X line and the upcoming X+1.

gmtom1

May 16, 2010
Visit site
I don't care where they sell it, as long as the backend servers will be able to handle the load come launch day. Everyone is going to be hitting those servers hard once the pre-order/order date is announced.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dedehammac