For those concerned about Moto 360 battery life

88 FLUX

Apr 29, 2010
Visit site
As I've said in other posts, battery life should be fine as long as you use the watch as it was designed and don't go crazy with using it as a toy all day long. Here is my usage for today:

Took out of charger: 10:00 AM
Notifications disabled/muted: None
Emails received: At least ten
Hangouts/SMS: At least twenty
Auto brightness: On
Ambient screen: Off
Five minute demos to friends: Two
Google Maps navigation: 20 minutes
Miscellaneous functions like IFTTT, Hue, etc.: 10 minutes
Placed back in charger: 1:30 AM (15 and a half hours later)
Battery remaining: 42%

After an entire 15+ hour day, I was left with nearly half of my battery. I have no complaints thus far.

Posted via Android Central App

DroidDavi

Jan 25, 2012
Visit site
Re: For those concerned about battery life

After the verge review I was a little worried but now seeing real world usage it looks pretty good

Posted via the Android Central App

Silellak

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site

Thanks for this. This looks exactly like my likely usage, and I'm fine charging it every night. I don't even mind topping it off at home after getting home from work. That's what the convenience of wireless charging gives you.

jschu22

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site

Its still early but I can't say my concerns over battery life are assuaged, and this is coming from a Gear Live owner.

MannyZ28

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site

Its still early but I can't say my concerns over battery life are assuaged, and this is coming from a Gear Live owner.

Well, if you have both the Moto 360 and the Gear Live, you should be good to go with battery life if you carry both of them with you. ;-)

How long did it take to charge the 360 from almost empty to full?

iamlucid

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site

I can confirm the report of the OP. I'm easily getting a full day's charge, even when playing with my new toy for a lot of the day.

jschu22

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site

Well, if you have both the Moto 360 and the Gear Live, you should be good to go with battery life if you carry both of them with you. ;-)

How long did it take to charge the 360 from almost empty to full?

I'll will probably return the Live, have a couple weeks left on that I think.

Left it on the charger for a while so I'm not sure how long it took.

jschu22

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site

I should have clarified- I prefer having the screen always on and I'm guessing that those happy with results haven't used other Android Wear watches where battery life estimates are generally based upon the default, screen always on, settings.

That ****** in the video can take his opinion and shove it for suggesting that we "friggin" don't need it always on.

MannyZ28

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site

I sort of agree with him, I don't need to see the ambient version of the watch on all the time when all it takes is to turn your wrist to see what time it is. But, to each his own.

bassdelux15

Mar 2, 2012
Visit site

My battery is much worse. Tho to be fair my usage was much more than yours.

I got about 13 hours with 5% remaining.
I got about 100+ messages via hangouts, a few emails and texts, I sent about 10 messages and some other random notifications via social media. I guess I'm considered a heavy user?

clevin

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site

Im used to never charge a watch, and less than one day battery is a fatal problem. Maybe I should look into pebble a bit more.

Tower72

Gigantic Member
Jun 5, 2010
Visit site

I have mine coming either Tuesday or Wednesday...I had the Gear Live before, and that battery on that was dismal. I didnt use it a hell of alot, and it would last about 9 hours with 15% left with so so usage. The battery on the 360 is slightly bigger (and smaller then the G Watch). This guys claiming 73% after 9 hours...I call bull!

MannyZ28

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site

I guess the easiest way to put is that your mileage will vary depending on your use, obviously.

DLGames

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site

You are right, i have a Vodafone V860 Smart II, and I have my phone for about 1 year and had made some improvements on my battery. I tested my battery i used my phone for 4 days straight without charging it, but only using it for calls and messages. Not as a "toy" :)

clevin

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
I have mine coming either Tuesday or Wednesday...I had the Gear Live before, and that battery on that was dismal. I didnt use it a hell of alot, and it would last about 9 hours with 15% left with so so usage. The battery on the 360 is slightly bigger (and smaller then the G Watch). This guys claiming 73% after 9 hours...I call bull!

You may be disappointed.

http://cdn.arstechnica.net/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/smartwatch-b1enchmark.002.jpg

Arstechnica (pic above) says the 360 has a very old 2010 inefficient cpu. Battery life is significantly worse than gear live.

Ginono

Sep 8, 2014
Visit site

The batter drain tooooooo fast, it drain from 100% to 30% in less than 2 hours and I dont even play it. All I did is test my heart rate for 5 mins.

I just reset it and put it on the dock, after it fully charge, I will check the battery life again.
Here is the proof of purchase. I really like its look but..... the battery is the KEY>.

photo (1).jpg

ZivZulander

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site

I just read that arstechnica moto 360 review... its a good read ... here's the link to the entire review for anyone who wants to check it out.
The Ars review has me worried. I was very excited to get a 360 until I read it. Now I don't know what to think. Some people are saying they get 14 hours Ars says heavy users would charge 2-3 times per day. I may just have to buy one and return it if the battery is not up to snuff.

NavasC

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site

Used mine Saturday, about the same usage as the OP, except with a lot more facebook messages and about the same amount of texts. Went about 17 hours on a charge and still had a little over 30% when I got home to go to bed. once you stop dicking with the screen all the time looking at all the features and testing everything out and just look at it when you get notifications, or talk to it to reply to messages here and there, it lasts all day.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12