Moto 360 Adjust Heart Rate Baseline

unregistered4

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
Is it possible to adjust the heart rate baseline up or down to reflect a user's actual resting heart rate. As it is, an athlete with a low resting HR may never trigger the higher levels, and a sedentary person with a high resting HR may be viewed as "active" just sitting around watching TV. Seems like Moto fixed the number, rather than saying 80% of X.

tcmeiss

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
I think there are some accuracy issues with it as well. I know my resting heart rate isn't 100 bpm. Mainly because I've not had a heart attack...

gtg465x

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
Are we sure it's fixed? The Moto Connect app asks you to put in your height, weight, age, and sex. Maybe it adjusts baseline based on that info.

tcmeiss

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
True, but I still think it has an accuracy issue. I have yet to have a resting heart rate register below 90 bpm. There's just no way that's right.

anon154738

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
True, but I still think it has an accuracy issue. I have yet to have a resting heart rate register below 90 bpm. There's just no way that's right.

I'm inclined to agree with you, but I hope those are not your last words before cardiac arrest. ☺

Posted via Android Central App

studiozut

Dec 15, 2010
Visit site
Edit: have the 360 now, and nope, Moto Connect fitness settings just let you set you height/weight/age etc. Hopefully this will all be baked into Android L.

Don't have the 360 yet to check but it looks like there are settings for the fitness tools on the Motorola Connect app. And custom watch face settings.

Posted via the Android Central App

Last edited: