Disable phone lock screen while 360 is connected

SSmaster

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I recall seeing this as on option on some video. I use delayed lock app for this purpose, but is rather use the official means. I could have written it had something to do with the Motorola connect app, but I've dug through everything and can not figure it out. A Google search is proving difficult as it doesn't understand in talking about android wear.

sddenizen

Aug 23, 2013
Visit site
You are referring to Motorola's "trusted blue tooth device" feature which provides that the phone stays unlocked as long the Moto 360 is designated as a trusted BT device.

studiozut

Dec 15, 2010
Visit site
Android L has this feature. In the meantime you can use Pebble's Locker (sp?) app, which works with Android Wear devices for an extra buck or two.

TJH132

May 5, 2010
Visit site
The answer is: it is a Moto feature found in Security. Select something other than Slide (I use Pattern) then check Trusted Device. As long as your watch is connected, your Moto phone will spring to life when pressing the power button.

Posted via Android Central App

Last edited:

Machoua Yang

May 7, 2013
Visit site
+1 on Tasker. I love bypassing the security screen when connectedntona trusted wifi. But Tasker is extremely difficult to learn at first. But it's such a great tool when you learn how.

Posted via the Android Central App

gdecandio

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
You can create a Tasker Profile to do exactly this.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Can you use a Tasker profile for keeping the phone unlocked when connected to a Bluetooth device even if the phone is not rooted? My employers security policy will not allow a rooted phone and disables all lock screen logins except an 8 character password.

Thanks.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

JimSmith94

Oct 3, 2011
Visit site
You can create a Tasker Profile to do exactly this.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Could you please post your task that does this? I'm new to Tasker but haven't had any luck creating one that works. I use patten unlock but I don't know if that's the problem or if it's me.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

Ytaay

Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
Can you use a Tasker profile for keeping the phone unlocked when connected to a Bluetooth device even if the phone is not rooted? My employers security policy will not allow a rooted phone and disables all lock screen logins except an 8 character password.

Thanks.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

Did you ever find a solution for this? My new Moto 360 is being delivered today and I have the same issue as above.

TJ Kelly Jr

Apr 22, 2015
Visit site
I use skip lock on my phone, gives me the option of keeping unlocked when attached to trusted Bluetooth devices (which I select) or selected Wi-Fi's (which I also select). Works like a charm!!! Read and follow directions in the app though.

Iron Adventurevich

Jan 26, 2015
Visit site
I recall seeing this as on option on some video. I use delayed lock app for this purpose, but is rather use the official means. I could have written it had something to do with the Motorola connect app, but I've dug through everything and can not figure it out. A Google search is proving difficult as it doesn't understand in talking about android wear.

here, it's called Smart Lock: https://youtu.be/mQy4UvflC68

jkayakj

Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
It's built into Android 5.1 under security settings and titled "smart lock" if you have a Samsung phone they hid the setting away but it's still there (Google how to unlock it)... Once the phone and watch are paired it will have Bluetooth, voice, movement etc all as options to bypass the lock screen