Brown Leather Band?

gyroslice

May 13, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone found a brown leather band that works with their 360? This stone leather band holds the watch on my wrist but that is about it. The silver dial with a brown leather band looks amazing and who knows when moto will make the official ones available.

Posted via Android Central App

TJH132

May 5, 2010
Visit site
While I'm sure you can go to just about any jeweler (or Target or Walmart) and find a 22mm tan leather band for your Moto 360, wouldn't you want the same high quality Horween leather of the original band?

I did some searching around and found a guy on Etsy who has all sorts of bands for sale and will even custom make one to your specs. My wife had one made with a black band with green stitching. It arrived yesterday and looks really good. I'm waiting go get the little tool to replace her grey strap. I'm looking to order a tan one with black stitching to go with my black 360.

Sorry if this sounds like an ad -- it's not. I just did some searching for Horween leather straps and found this guy.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/203087529/horween-tan-chromexcel-leather-watch?ref=favs_view_1

TJH

gyroslice

May 13, 2010
Visit site
There is no shortage of brown leather bands online. The problem is only certain bands will work as shown on AC a couple of weeks ago. I was wondering if anyone had purchased a third party leather band and if the 360 splitting the leather.

Is the band from etsy working or is it too thick for the 360?

TJH132

May 5, 2010
Visit site
My wife tried installing it last night and reported it was too thick. I'll see if any modifications will remedy the situation, otherwise it goes back. Too bad: it's a beautiful strap!

moo53

May 5, 2011
Visit site
I got this one from Fossil. I had to cut the notch out to make it fit. It is a little tight but does fit. If you don't like the wide wrist band you can take it off and just use the straps or not purchase the band all together.

Posted via the Android Central App

Attachments

• 9811.jpg
    9811.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 89
  • 9810.jpg
    9810.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 84

chronophile

Aug 24, 2014
Visit site
I got this one from Fossil. I had to cut the notch out to make it fit. It is a little tight but does fit. If you don't like the wide wrist band you can take it off and just use the straps or not purchase the band all together.

Very, very nice. Looks robust and beefy. I hope I find one in stores when I get my Moto 360 next week.

moo53

May 5, 2011
Visit site
Very, very nice. Looks robust and beefy. I hope I find one in stores when I get my Moto 360 next week.

Thanks, it is thicker than the original which I like. I also like the band for my urban days and then be able to remove it for a nice classy look.

honkey haze

Mar 2, 2014
Visit site
there is a thread over on xda for watch bands. there are a couple of different brown ones on there. the etsy one is also posted over there. there are also hirsch bands that are really nice and work.
you want anythign with a 4mm or less thickness with the pin inserted. ideally you want 3.5mm. if you buy a band that is too thick... then get a drill bit and drill out some of the leather where the pin stick in.

Funkpod

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site

Did you cut out a hole for the sensors?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

kaaxi

Sep 30, 2014
Visit site
There is a thread on smartwatch.me that has 2 really nice looking brown leather bands. Apparently this one doesn't need any modification...
ey0DwLd.jpg

kylekg93

Oct 16, 2014
Visit site
I have the black moto 360 and I just replaced the black band with a light brown leather strap from Best Buy (the band is made by Kreisler Tech). Let me tell you, it makes a huge difference! It looks amazing! It took just a wee bit of modification, but the Kreisler Tech band advertises that it fits the pebble, so it is very compatible with the moto. I just had to cut out a square, if you will, at the start of the straps. I also took the bracket from the original band and replaced it with the Kreisler one. I had no idea how great it could make the already aesthetically perfect moto 360 look. Anyways, I hope this helps some people looking for other band. I'll attach some pictures too :)20141017_130640[1].jpg20141017_130550[1].jpg

Attachments

• 20141017_130550[1].jpg
    20141017_130550[1].jpg
    408.7 KB · Views: 40

mattopotamus

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I have the black moto 360 and I just replaced the black band with a light brown leather strap from Best Buy (the band is made by Kreisler Tech). Let me tell you, it makes a huge difference! It looks amazing! It took just a wee bit of modification, but the Kreisler Tech band advertises that it fits the pebble, so it is very compatible with the moto. I just had to cut out a square, if you will, at the start of the straps. I also took the bracket from the original band and replaced it with the Kreisler one. I had no idea how great it could make the already aesthetically perfect moto 360 look. Anyways, I hope this helps some people looking for other band. I'll attach some pictures too :)View attachment 141559View attachment 141560

Impulses

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
That one looks nice. They are out of stock. Any idea what the cost was?

They were out of stock for a while, back now, they're $60... I ordered one last week, should be here tomorrow. A little expensive but I think the Horween Chromexcel leather might be worth it, we'll see. I bought a hole punching tool on Amazon to create the notch necessary (figured it'd be easier than knifing it).

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad