OK, so after reading the reviews, having played with a Gear Live and not liking the feel of the hard, curved body on my wrist, and especially after people have claimed the latest update to their 360's improve the battery life 'dramatically', I finally took the leap and ordered one. That, and the fact that I was able to snatch one up from BestBuy in the 10 minutes they show up in stock. (I actually called a store and they said they're lucky if they get one...yes, ONE, unit for in-store sales, and it's usually gone within the hour).

But I digress. My question is, now what? What do you guys have running on your watches I should be looking at? I'm curious as to what custom watchfaces are out there. Are there any? What's your favorite one. I love how my Note 3 feels brand new when I switch themes every week with Themer, I'd definitely love the same feeling on the 360 with cool designs.

Thanks!
    09-29-2014 12:51 PM
    Many of us "early adopters" just run it as is without any additional apps or watchfaces. With the update last week that dramatically improves battery life, it might be time to dip the toe in the app pool.
    09-29-2014 03:22 PM
    Many of us "early adopters" just run it as is without any additional apps or watchfaces. With the update last week that dramatically improves battery life, it might be time to dip the toe in the app pool.
    So you do confirm the improvement in battery life? I'd love to hear from an ACTUAL user and not just a reviewer with a bunch of other devices to juggle through...

I just want to put those 4GB to good use (and by good I mean blow people's minds when they ask me about my watch... I love making iCoworkers try to get their iDevices to do what my Note 3 can hehehe)
    09-29-2014 03:55 PM
    I would recommend leaving it *stock* for a ~week or so to get a baseline of watch performance. I had about 7 apps on mine and it got pretty glitchy, reset it last night and it's smooth again. My battery lasts longer than I do on any given day.
    SpookDroid likes this.
    09-29-2014 04:32 PM
    I would recommend leaving it *stock* for a ~week or so to get a baseline of watch performance.
    This. I can't recommend this enough....

Whenever someone complains about battery life this is the first question I ask - what did you install?
    09-29-2014 04:38 PM
    I just got my watch today, is it a good idea to leave the sticker "protector" on the back.
    09-29-2014 05:52 PM
    I don't mean this in the wrong way, so please do not take offense. But since this is probably going to be a sweaty area with some amount of friction between the back of the watch and your wrist, I don't think that sticker's gonna last long anyway.
    09-29-2014 05:54 PM
    ah I see, well either now or later. I'll leave it on for now.
    09-29-2014 06:03 PM
    I'd be intrigued if it really affects the watch or not... I'm getting mine (hopefully) tomorrow, and this would be a very good question since I tend to leave protective plastics on my devices as long as they'll be on a 'hidden' surface (like inside a case). But then again, the protective plastic around the Note 3's camera lens, which wasn't covering at all, shouldn't affect it, and yet it did haha. Maybe it could interfere with the wireless charging? But I also don't see that happening.
    09-29-2014 06:06 PM
    I just got my watch today, is it a good idea to leave the sticker "protector" on the back.
    I didn't notice my sticker for 3 days, until the little tab bent down. I couldn't tell any difference with or without it.
    09-29-2014 07:09 PM
    First of all Spookdroid, congrats! I've been heading to moto site numerous times a day hoping the out of stock button isn't there. Eventually I'll get one.

However, on a side note, about the sticker on back, perhaps this is why some people reported heart rates were off?

Posted via Android Central App
    09-29-2014 08:54 PM
    I put apps on mine right from the get go. Have had zero issues with battery life. Apps I love are:
    Pixtocam-take pics on phone from watch
    Calculator
    Browser
    Wear Mini Launcher
    Calendar
    Wear Messenger
    Hand dialer
    Look Behind
    Wear speaker

Let me know what you think!

SpookDroid likes this.
    09-29-2014 08:56 PM
    First of all Spookdroid, congrats! I've been heading to moto site numerous times a day hoping the out of stock button isn't there. Eventually I'll get one.

However, on a side note, about the sticker on back, perhaps this is why some people reported heart rates were off?

Humm... I wonder. Or they just have a loose grip on the watch? I can see this thing failing if it's not in direct contact with your skin...
    09-29-2014 10:02 PM
    I've played with a handful of apps, but I'd recommend running it stock for a while as well.

Afterwards, look up the timeless watch face, music boss for wear, and wear mini launcher.

More app suggestions HERE.
    SpookDroid likes this.
    09-30-2014 01:41 AM
    I've played with a handful of apps, but I'd recommend running it stock for a while as well.

Afterwards, look up the timeless watch face, music boss for wear, and wear mini launcher.

More app suggestions HERE.
    Nice Thread!!! Thank you!!!
    Penguwin likes this.
    09-30-2014 10:21 AM

Just now ordered :-D
    Was able to get one this time + screen protector. Black.

I know I could have tried best buy though I tied the payment of the watch to the new moto x phones for my wife and I via moto credit, interest free 18 months why not :-)
    Waiting on those. Would be sweet if all came together, though have feeling watch will come first.
    SpookDroid likes this.
    09-30-2014 03:22 PM
    Yeah, I was tempted to get it from the Moto site myself, but then I remembered that my SS Number is brand spanking new and everyone keeps frowning their faces at me when asking for credit... haha
    09-30-2014 03:24 PM