Talk on watch?

Floridadomer

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
My watch arrived today and I assumed I could answer and talk on the watch. Can this not be done? Is there speakers and a microphone?

jhilker

Trusted Member
Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
No, you can't use it to answer calls. It can recognize your voice for searches, or to respond to texts or emails, though.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
I guess they already answered, but basically the Moto360 (or any Android Wear so far, to the best of my knowledge) only has a microphone, no speakers. As such, you can only speak commands into it, but you won't get audio feedback from the watch, and this is why you can't use it to make or receive calls.

Floridadomer

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
Thank you for that explanation. I made a lot of assumptions. I assumed this would do everything that my Samsung Gear would do. I also thought I had read that it also has 4gb of storage and you could store music on it. I use my Gear in the gym with a BT headset.
Could someone enlighten me on why this Android Wear is better than my Gear? I am not seeing it at all but want to want to love it.

Daniel P1

Sep 13, 2014
Visit site
My watch arrived today and I assumed I could answer and talk on the watch. Can this not be done? Is there speakers and a microphone?
I think the only watch that can do that is the Samsung Gear. The one that uses the Tizen software not Android Wear. But I think you still need to have your phone linked to the watch in order to talk. It's not like you could get an individual voice plan for the watch.

Floridadomer

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
That is correct. That is what I have right now. I cant tell you how many times that I have walked away from my phone, get a call and can answer the call using the watch. I usually walk and back and pick up my phone to finish the conversation.

Floridadomer

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
Thank you for the suggestion, Its called Wear Speaker.
I am a very forgetful person and I am always leaving my phone at my desk at work or laying down in a room at the house then walking to another room and not even realizing that I don't have it. In both cases, I would still get notifications and be able to see I have a call coming in and answer it and talk until I walk back to the phone. I also used find my phone feature all the time! I have no desire to walk around all day with a BT headset. Its just one more thing I would loose...lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarcosVo