Thank You Mobile Nations: I finally have my Moto360

chefmorry

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
I've wanted the Moto360 since hearing about it when it was first unveiled last year. Bought the Original Galaxy Gear last Christmas.

I went to Best Buy a couple weeks ago just to find out that they were sold out. Later that evening, my wife told me that I really shouldn't be blowing money on "another gadget watch where the watch that I have works just fine." Well no more than an hour after having that conversation with her, I was browsing Connectedly and Android Central to find out I had won the 15 Year Mobile Nations Contest.

Thanks to Mobile Nations, I have my Moto360, and I LOVE IT. I purchased the Pebble Silver band and it looks fantastic with the silver 360.

20140930_230254.jpg

In terms of apps, I immediately download the mini launcher. Since, I've played around with Facer, and WearFaces.

I downloaded a Calculator app, but it force quits for some reason.

Not much else in terms of apps.

Mixed reaction on battery life. Yesterday (my first full day with a full charge) watch was off the charger from 730am until midnight with moderate use. Today, it died on me at 9pm after coming off the charger at 7am.

I remember when I first got my gear, one of the first things I did was change the "wakeup settings" so the screen wouldn't flash on and off every time I lifted my arm. Doubled my gear battery life. Wish I could do the same with my Moto. I'm a chef that works 14+ hours a day, and my arms are always moving, so my screen is forever turning on and off.... I know that's gotta kill the battery.
Anyway, enough rambling.... THANK YOU MOBILE NATIONS, and again, congrats on 15 strong years. Glad to have been apart of it (Crackberry, Android Central and Connectedly) for the majority of it.

Posted via the Android Central App

mxrider821

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
I remember when I first got my gear, one of the first things I did was change the "wakeup settings" so the screen wouldn't flash on and off every time I lifted my arm. Doubled my gear battery life. Wish I could do the same with my Moto. I'm a chef that works 14+ hours a day, and my arms are always moving, so my screen is forever turning on and off.... I know that's gotta kill the battery.
Anyway, enough rambling.... THANK YOU MOBILE NATIONS, and again, congrats on 15 strong years. Glad to have been apart of it (Crackberry, Android Central and Connectedly) for the majority of it.

I too have been trying to find a way to turn off the wake up setting as well for quite some time now on my 360. I don't understand how there is no option for that or app to turn it off :/ there has to be a way.. And as for the battery just give it a couple days or even a week and the battery well dramatically improve, at least it did for me. I was about to sell it in the beginning because it was so bad and than it got better, so I kept it and I'm glad I did. I get compliments everywhere I go 😀

Posted via Android Central App

Slashyou

Jul 30, 2014
Visit site
I've wanted the Moto360 since hearing about it when it was first unveiled last year. Bought the Original Galaxy Gear last Christmas.

I went to Best Buy a couple weeks ago just to find out that they were sold out. Later that evening, my wife told me that I really shouldn't be blowing money on "another gadget watch where the watch that I have works just fine." Well no more than an hour after having that conversation with her, I was browsing Connectedly and Android Central to find out I had won the 15 Year Mobile Nations Contest.

Thanks to Mobile Nations, I have my Moto360, and I LOVE IT. I purchased the Pebble Silver band and it looks fantastic with the silver 360.

View attachment 139119

In terms of apps, I immediately download the mini launcher. Since, I've played around with Facer, and WearFaces.

I downloaded a Calculator app, but it force quits for some reason.

Not much else in terms of apps.

Mixed reaction on battery life. Yesterday (my first full day with a full charge) watch was off the charger from 730am until midnight with moderate use. Today, it died on me at 9pm after coming off the charger at 7am.

Awesome watch you got there! :) wish i had one :)

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Congrats!!! I just got mine yesterday, too. Wish it had been free haha alas, I used gift cards earned from past purchases on BestBuy, so not a huge blow to my wallet.

I agree with you, I wish I could turn off that -arm up? screen on!- feautre. Also the one where you tap on the screen... why? Water. Water droplets seem to activate the watch. I could live with just touching the button.

Also, how did you get those watchfaces? I hate that the ones that come preloaded don't account for the sensors! So you have a round facewatch that is thwarted by that flat tire thingy! :(

On2Vegas

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
Congrats on the new watch. Looks great.

Couple of questions:

Have you downloaded the recent software update from Motorola yet? It came out a few days ago and some are seeing improved battery life.

I don't own the watch as yet, but I thought when you turn Ambient Screen Mode to OFF, it only comes on when you raise your hand or tap the screen?

Again, congrats on the new tech.

chefmorry

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
Congrats on the new watch. Looks great.

Couple of questions:

Have you downloaded the recent software update from Motorola yet? It came out a few days ago and some are seeing improved battery life.

I don't own the watch as yet, but I thought when you turn Ambient Screen Mode to OFF, it only comes on when you raise your hand or tap the screen?

Again, congrats on the new tech.

My ambient mode is set to off.... My complaint is that I don't want it to turn on when I raise my arm. I'd rather either tap the screen, or press the side button.

I understand the need some may have to have the screen turn on when you raise your arm to tell the time. But I'm a chef of a restaurant. My arms are always moving.... As a result, my watch fave is continously turning on on off.... Draining my battery when there is no need.

Audemars02

Apr 6, 2013
Visit site
....Well no more than an hour after having that conversation with her, I was browsing Connectedly and Android Central to find out I had won the 15 Year Mobile Nations Contest.

Thanks to Mobile Nations, I have my Moto360, and I LOVE IT. ....

Anyway, enough rambling.... THANK YOU MOBILE NATIONS, and again, congrats on 15 strong years.

I was also a winner of the $150 and spent it on a 360 as well! Just got it delivered today but havent had too much time to play with it yet.. thats for tomorrow. but so excited!

benhaube

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site
Congrats. Some of us had to buy our Moto 360's :p. That's great that you were able to get it for free though! Enjoy it. I love mine.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maximusdebois