battery life 24+ hours?

Ryan Loeffler

Dec 12, 2013
Visit site
I am on the latest version of wear with the 360 and i feel i use it moderately with ambient mode off. I am able to go from 6.30 am to 11:00 PM at night with 0% left. But i read some people going from 6am to 3am or even longer with 30-40% battery left. Are they just not using their watch or am i missing out?

Whats your experience.?

vzwuser76

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
I received mine yesterday. I made sure to charge it to 100% first thing. Then I paired it, set it up and did the update.
I took it off the charger last night at 7pm. I played around with if for about an hour or so, have gotten around 20 notifications since I took it off the charger, and checked the time about 1-2 times an hour. I did shut it off for about 3 hours today, but otherwise it's been on the whole time and paired with my phone. So from 7pm last night to the current time here, 1:45am, and subtracting 3 hours, that's 27 hours 45 minutes off the charger. My current battery reading is 32%. I have no complaints here.

I haven't installed any apps yet nor any different watch faces, because I heard that certain apps and faces run down the battery. I just wanted to see what it's capable of. Maybe it helps that it updated straight to the newest update that has fixed the issues for most people. But I couldn't be happier with it.

austinography

Nov 30, 2011
Visit site
I am on the latest version of wear with the 360 and i feel i use it moderately with ambient mode off. I am able to go from 6.30 am to 11:00 PM at night with 0% left. But i read some people going from 6am to 3am or even longer with 30-40% battery left. Are they just not using their watch or am i missing out?

Whats your experience.?

My experience has been pretty much exactly the same as yours except mine made it from 6:15am to about midnight. As a test, I removed all third party apps to see if I could get any better battery life. That was yesterday and during the same time period, I ended up with 20% left, though, if I had to guess, I'd say I used it a bit less than the previous day.

All that is obviously completely unscientific, as are all the anecdotal tests you hear about on these forums or others. I know others are claiming quite a bit better than that, but I am happy as long as it gets through the day. It can always rest on the charger over night.

coop5571

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
Been off the charger since 6:45 am this morning, currently discharging at a rate of 2.8% per hour. At that rate it would probably make it 35 hours. Battery life has been steadily improving. Yesterday I left ambient mode on and it was discharging at 5% per hour. No apps installed and I'm using the classic face with black background.

Posted via Android Central App

roflwaffleton

May 19, 2012
Visit site
I received my watch on the 19th. I charged it fully before using it, it never updated. Even when I checked manually, no update was available. Ambient mode off, quite a bit of notifications throughout the day. After 12 hours, it was usually down to around 20-30%.

After the update on the 24th, bringing it to build KGW42R, I think it's safe to say that my battery life has easily doubled. I now have about 50-60% battery left when I get home. I always charge it when I sleep so I've never had it completely discharge but the one night i didn't charge it, it was at 36% after 26 hours. I can't complain. I know it will last me through the day. At this point, it's lasting longer than my phone on a full charge.

dungoyle

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
On my watch, Facer uses about 15-20% more battery life. That's not a scientific measurement; just a casual observation. I only use it occasionally, and stick with the stock watch face most of the time. When Wear 2.0 finally arrives, we are supposedly to see the end of 3rd party watch face battery drain since they will no longer have to run as an application. We shall see. Hopefully this month.

Ryan Loeffler

Dec 12, 2013
Visit site
I uninstalled all 3rd party apps on my phone except: iheart radio, lyft and all the cooks. And ive only had the watch on for about 4.5 hours with my usual notifications, about 5-10 an hour or so and a few responses to hangout messages. Ive noticed an average drop of about 5% per hour. Is that what everyone else seems to be getting? if so that'll be about a 20 hour day for me.

Reminder, stock watch faces only - no facer installed :(

atg284

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
I am consistently getting 40+ hours with the new update. Ambient off, and stock watch face. Before the update I was getting in the mid to high 30's. I also charge it to 100% before bed then shut it down over night. Then turn it on in the morning and good to go! :D

Edit: I love facer too but I did notice more of a battery drain. Not a ton but a few percentages per hour more for sure. Whenever google releases the API I am sure we will see efficient 3rd party watch faces.

Ryan Loeffler

Dec 12, 2013
Visit site
I am consistently getting 40+ hours with the new update. Ambient off, and stock watch face. Before the update I was getting in the mid to high 30's. I also charge it to 100% before bed then shut it down over night. Then turn it on in the morning and good to go! :D

Edit: I love facer too but I did notice more of a battery drain. Not a ton but a few percentages per hour more for sure. Whenever google releases the API I am sure we will see efficient 3rd party watch faces.

how the heck do you get 40+ hours? do you not use the watch? or dont talk to it, or dont get email? i mean jeez thats a lot of time!

DanPLC

May 25, 2011
Visit site
I get between 18 - 22 hours (ambient mode off) which is fine for me. But I can't see how anyone could get 40 hours unless they kept it in airplane mode or something.

jhilker

Trusted Member
Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
Today I pulled it off the charger at 6:15 AM, and now at 10:45 PM I'm at 24%. Ambient mode off, brightness at 1, no extra apps on. That's ok for me...but certainly won't go 40 hours!

Tower72

Gigantic Member
Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
I returned my first one for a pixel problem but it was on the old software and getting, for the most part, less then 8 hours before I had to charge it again.. I just got another yesterday (seems to be a newer run. The first gray I had seemed to have a softer band, while the one I have now, has the same harder leather band as the black). Updated to the new software, pulled it off the charger at 8:30 am..its now 10:10pm and I am sitting at 29% with brightness at 3 , and I would say I got alot of notifications, used it to change music, and a few other things, so pretty moderate use! Love the new update and whatever Motorola did.

Ryan Loeffler

Dec 12, 2013
Visit site
I think the poeple who get 40+ hours or even 24+ hours must never get notifications or just keep their watch muted the whole time. Can you anyone who does get more than 24+ confirm this?

coop5571

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
See my post above, full notifications on. Since that post I've averaged 3% per hour discharge = 30 plus hours

Posted via Android Central App

atg284

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
how the heck do you get 40+ hours? do you not use the watch? or dont talk to it, or dont get email? i mean jeez thats a lot of time!

Yes I use the watch. I'm not constantly fiddling with it or looking at it every 5 minutes like when I first got it. I consistently put it on the charger at the end of a the day with 50+ % left on it. I got more notifications today and I am averaging 38 hours right now.

kaaxi

Sep 30, 2014
Visit site
One thing to note is if you are using Facer, it might use more battery. Also depending on which Face you use... more animations might use up more battery?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jm_rookie2