Three things I would like to do to help save my battery. Are any of them possible?

chefmorry

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
First of all, I've only had my 360 for 5 days, and I LOVE it. I've messed around with watch faces, downloaded a couple apps, love the Google Now integration, and have no problems with notifications. I switched my Sms to Hangouts, and it works so much better than stock.

Anyway, come from a Galaxy Gear, there are three things I'd like Moto to do (unless they're already poasible) to help save my battery life.

1. I touched on this in a previous thread.... I wish I would change it so raising my arm DIDN'T turn the screen on. I understand for most people, you raise your arm to check the time. I run a busy restaurant kitchen, and my arms are always moving. I see my watch face turn on and off all day.

2. I want to shut off the heart rate monitor. Sure if I'm going for a walk, or at the gym, let me turn it on. But I don't need it to monitor my heart all day long. Back to my busy kitchen..... It was 90 degrees the other day. I was running around like a crazy man. My watch kept letting me know that I had an elevated heart rate, and that I was in my "30 min workout". I was just working lol, not working out. If it really is monitoring my heart rate all the time, it's gotta be draining my battery . This is for both FIT and the Moto Heart Rate app.

3. Similar to above, but with the pedometer. Great to know that I "hit my goal" of 10,000 steps.... But I don't care. Let me turn it on and off. I was able to remove the Step Card, but I believe the pedometer is still working in the background. If I'd rather save my battery than know how many steps I'm taking... Let me shut it off!

I've downloaded Motorola Connect and of course have the Android Wear app. I've gone through the settings, and I don't believe that any of the above is possible. Maybe AndroidWear 2.0 will rectify some of this.

Posted via the Android Central App

Funkpod

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
Not sure about any of those, but is the battery not lasting through the day for you?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

chefmorry

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
Of the 5 full days I've had it, it's lasted the entire day 4 of them. On one of the days, it was dead at 8pm (my day started at 6am) and I didn't get home until 11pm. I'm gonna have to get a qi charger to leave at work to give it a little juice for an hour in the afternoon.

Ryan Loeffler

Dec 12, 2013
Visit site
3. Similar to above, but with the pedometer. Great to know that I "hit my goal" of 10,000 steps.... But I don't care. Let me turn it on and off. I was able to remove the Step Card, but I believe the pedometer is still working in the background. If I'd rather save my battery than know how many steps I'm taking... Let me shut it off!

So you can turn off the step notifications, I just did today. Once a step notification card show up, swipe left until you hit "settings" (or just check your steps via voice command or app launch) then click on settings and the first option should be, show step card (on) (off) just click it and it'll turn it off. I believe it will still keep count so you can check at the end of the day if you really want.

chefmorry

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
So you can turn off the step notifications, I just did today. Once a step notification card show up, swipe left until you hit "settings" (or just check your steps via voice command or app launch) then click on settings and the first option should be, show step card (on) (off) just click it and it'll turn it off. I believe it will still keep count so you can check at the end of the day if you really want.

I understand I can have the step card not show up. What I want to do is completely shut the pedometer off, and only turn it on when I use it. Having the step card pop up isn't necessarily a major battery drain. But having the pedometer constantly working in the background has got to be.

mr_nobody

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
Don't know if you'll get a definitive answer here but I'm pretty sure you can't do any of the things you are asking about at this time...

budgitApp

Aug 30, 2014
Visit site
I think unfortunately none of these options are built into Android yet... And the API is still quite new so I think it might be a while until these things can be changed...

Wiley_11

May 10, 2011
Visit site
I understand I can have the step card not show up. What I want to do is completely shut the pedometer off, and only turn it on when I use it. Having the step card pop up isn't necessarily a major battery drain. But having the pedometer constantly working in the background has got to be.

Say "OK Google"> say "Start"(or however you like to get to the Start menu)>tap Fit>swipe left 2x>Show Step Card: on/off,Daily Step Goal: none/20000,Save Fitness Data: on/off. I have mine set to off,none,off. Hope this helps. :D
I don't think you can change the other two(Heart Rate,Watch turning on) at this time. :(

mr_nobody

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
Say "OK Google"> say "Start"(or however you like to get to the Start menu)>tap Fit>swipe left 2x>Show Step Card: on/off,Daily Step Goal: none/20000,Save Fitness Data: on/off. I have mine set to off,none,off. Hope this helps. :D
I don't think you can change the other two(Heart Rate,Watch turning on) at this time. :(

Right, Save Fitness Data: off. Forgot about that. However, I would not guarantee that just because it is not being saved, it is not being gathered and sucking battery...

TJH132

May 5, 2010
Visit site
Like the others say, I think you can't entirely shut off the pedometer and heart rate monitor on the 360. But I believe they are probably causing the least amount if drain, so there's no reason to worry about them being on.

As for keeping the screen off, I can only suggest keeping Ambient Mode set to OFF. I've noticed it takes a more exaggerated motion to turn on the screen and might alleviate having it pop on and off all day.

I, too, have a very active job: I reach my daily goal of 20,000 steps nearly every day and I know a good deal of these "steps" are actually my arms moving. Even still my 360 battery is lasting all day and then some. I even turned Ambient Mode back on because I like to glance at the time regularly.

Just make sure you have 90-100% before going to work and don't worry about it! It'll be fine.

Posted via Android Central App

chefmorry

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
With the exception of only 1 day, my watch battery has made it through the day my entire first week.

It still drives me nuts that my Heart Activity goal keeps popping up. I wish I could disable that card like I was able to disable the step card from popping up.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coehlcke