Who is integrating their 360 into daily life?

Hoff Woohoo

Jan 29, 2014
Visit site
There's no getting around the fact that the 360 is a big funky looking watch and still a bit geeky looking but I find the functionality is really growing on me. Does anyone else feel that wearables are moving beyond the novelty stage into a real daily use tech?

I'm not fooling with many apps right now having installed a bunch just to fiddle with and quickly uninstalling most of them. For now I'm just using it as a message notification device and using voice control when driving. Oh yea, it makes a good watch too...

Anyway, I have good vibes about the future of this stuff.

akuki

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
I'm a female, and wear my Moto 360 with Pebble steel band just like any other watch. People that don't recognize it see it as a watch, unless I tell them.

Edit - Of course, more than a watch. It's got me using more timers, voice reminders, weather checks, quick calculations, and keeping better tabs on notifications.

Get a lot of use in the car, but an unexpected benefit is not always having to carry the phone around the house with me.

Sent from my Nexus 5 via Android Central App

Last edited:

ansextra

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
I find that I use the watch to keep my phone alerts more discrete when in public. Rather than hearing constant notification sounds I can just feel the vibration on my wrist and look at my watch to see if something is important or not. That, in itself, is a great advantage of having a smartwatch.

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
I wear it and use it daily, check my notifications when my phone is in my pocket, I can check my email and text messages, even group messages....it reminds my of birthdays and calendar events, its pretty useful

Oct 1, 2014
Visit site
1 week in and I find it very useful - it's everything I wanted it to be. Looking forward to seeing what Android Wear 2.0 has to offer, as would be nice to have a few more features (to rival Apple) and I would like to use more apps without killing the battery.

I would also like the option of screen always on (as long as there is no screen burn), some of the watch faces are great and the device looks amazing when the display is on - just wish I could do it!

All in all, very impressed, anyone think Moto will make a follow up?

dungoyle

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
1 week in and I find it very useful - it's everything I wanted it to be. Looking forward to seeing what Android Wear 2.0 has to offer, as would be nice to have a few more features (to rival Apple) and I would like to use more apps without killing the battery.

I would also like the option of screen always on (as long as there is no screen burn), some of the watch faces are great and the device looks amazing when the display is on - just wish I could do it!

All in all, very impressed, anyone think Moto will make a follow up?
Undoubtedly, and the next one will be thinner, no bottom flat bezel, have higher pixel density, and a 3+ day battery life. Do I have anything to back that up with? Nope, but they've set the standard with the first round smart watch, and they need to push the envelope of their hardware capability and esthetic styling to to remain a top player in this arena. I think they intend to do so.

fkpalm

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
I would love to have a keyboard similar to fleksy on the gear 2 don't understand why Google did not give a keyboard option

Posted via Android Central App

dungoyle

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
I would love to have a keyboard similar to fleksy on the gear 2 don't understand why Google did not give a keyboard option

Didn't I just read this somewhere? ;) It'll come, whether it's part of Wear or a third party developer. In fact, this one is probably a guaranteed money maker for someone. I see a keyboard app selling for $3+ easily. :-$

jlczl

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
Didn't I just read this somewhere? ;) It'll come, whether it's part of Wear or a third party developer. In fact, this one is probably a guaranteed money maker for someone. I see a keyboard app selling for $3+ easily. :-$

I will say it unequivocally, I will never use a keyboard app on a smart watch. Makes no sense to me. I know we're all different but I just can't see it. If I'm going to communicate with my smart watch it will be with voice recognition. Keyboards are for smartphones and larger devices.

BTW, I've been using smart watches for a while (since the first Sony) and it most definitely fits right into my busy lifestyle. My son just had to have my 360 so I passed it on to him. While I wait for my next one I automatically look to my wrist when I feel the vibration of a notification on my phone lol.

Posted via the Android Central App

TJH132

May 5, 2010
Visit site
I HAD to wear it to work on day one! Then day two and day three! I have an active job with many possibilities to do some real harm to the case and glass. It's clanked off some steel racks a couple of times but has sustained the bumps with no damage. I do worry about this in the long run. I could see a less fancy, more robust Android Wear device in my future for work and the 360 for weekends.

My wife, a real watch lover, uses hers about half the time and a traditional timepiece the rest of the time.

TJH

chronophile

Aug 24, 2014
Visit site
I have two Cookoo watches and a Qualcomm Toq. I have have over thirty mechanical timepieces. Ever since I first got the first Cookoo notification watch, I have worn my mechanicals less and less. After I got the Toq, I've worn the Cookoo watches less and less since these only show notification icons, no details. I was stoked when I got the Toq since it shows notification details, not just icons.

Since I got the 360, last week, I've worn the Toq only once. The 360 is just superior in every way, except battery life, obviously, since the Toq uses Mirasol color e-ink. I love the 360 software and Android Wear. Sad that development for the Toq has ground to a halt. Its Mirasol display should've been the route taken by the new wearables for battery longevity.

SuperRoach

Oct 27, 2014
Visit site
I think I've found the ok google voice prompts to be the first time I've begun to use it seriously, and for it to be useful. Things like "text x I'm here now" or "remind me in 20 minutes to check on tea" are awesome.

Some of the watchfaces (classic) give event ticks around, and lets me see at a glance how busy the next few hours are. If I have someone ask me to catch up during the day for business I can glance on the watch for an informal check.

It's let me stay more immersed into tasks, while letting me still be on top of emails. It's "gamified" checking emails, and dismissing them for later quickly.

Hoff Woohoo

Jan 29, 2014
Visit site
Can't live without the damned thing now... Kind of weird because I'm a life-long watch wearer and I've exclusively worn mechanical auto winders and would NEVER EVER EVER wear a digital watch or ANY watch that used a battery. I guess I was waiting on the right digital one :D

chronophile

Aug 24, 2014
Visit site
Can't live without the damned thing now... Kind of weird because I'm a life-long watch wearer and I've exclusively worn mechanical auto winders and would NEVER EVER EVER wear a digital watch or ANY watch that used a battery. I guess I was waiting on the right digital one :D
Ditto. I have over thirty mechanical wrist watches collected over seventeen years. All are round. Never went for digitals save for a few Suunto round, rugged instrument watches and heart rate meters as well.

Bought two Cookoo notification watches last year largely because of its rugged, stealthy look - yes, it's also a round watch. I gave in and got the Qualcomm Toq early this year because it had full notification details, not just icons like the Cookoo. It has been my daily beater, until I got the 360 the other week. Never really warmed up to the square Toq, also it is the best looking square chassis watch in my opinion.

Yep, watches should be round as far as I'm concerned.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ananui