do u use a screen protector?

ezzzzz

Aug 19, 2014
Visit site
So who runs a screen protector I'm kind of torn on this don't know if I want to or not I have the armor suit right now and I'm waiting for it to dry any thoughts? Looks like crap but I'm hoping once it dries it look better
UPDATE: so after it dried it looks good! have used for a week no problems
Posted via the Android Central App

Last edited:

Antony Cha

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
I use the LiquidIQ off amazon... I hit the face of my watch really hard against the corener of a metal chair while having a beer last night. I'm pretty sure I would have scratched the face if the protector didn't save it. I have screen protectors on my normal watches too, a $10 ugly investment can save $$$ later.

I pre-ordered the Spigen Glass SP for the moto360 but it doesn't come out until the 21st.

Neibl

Jun 29, 2014
Visit site
I hit the watch on corner of wood table and have slight scratch on my screen now. I'd suggest getting one

Posted via Android Central App

Coleman Robertson

Aug 28, 2014
Visit site
Got a scratch on mine on day one and bought a protector that hour on amazon. Get a water install one the look way better and feel better than all the other types I have bought so far

Posted via the Android Central App

coolesnce

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I had the Klear Care one but ended up taking it off as the edges started collecting dust and creating a white ring around the watch which ruined the look, plus the feel was like a thick coating on the screen. It is a water based application screen protector.

Penguwin

VR Expert
Nov 15, 2013
Visit site
First one I tried was called ArmorSuit and while the material appeared of good quality, it looked horrible on the watch. I had it two days and removed it after a co-worker asked what had happened to my watch as they thought I ruined it somehow.

The second one is a cheaper one called Supershieldz, but looks great on the watch. The downside is it's a bit of a fingerprint magnet :( .

Both purchased from Amazon.

Apr 21, 2014
Visit site
I applied one today and it didn't look good. I've ordered some more but part of me feels this screen is too nice to stick a bit of plastic over. Even the clearest protectors seem to collect more oil and grime from the fingers and gunk will naturally collect around the edge.

Knowing my luck though I'll scratch it if I leave it unprotected.

ezzzzz

Aug 19, 2014
Visit site
I applied one today and it didn't look good. I've ordered some more but part of me feels this screen is too nice to stick a bit of plastic over. Even the clearest protectors seem to collect more oil and grime from the fingers and gunk will naturally collect around the edge.

Knowing my luck though I'll scratch it if I leave it unprotected.

I know some people have said bad things about the armorsuit but I use that and have had great success with it. Just follow the instructions on how to install and watch the video looks really good

Posted via the Android Central App with my Moto X G1

mxrider821

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
I still feel the official ones are still the best. Here is a writeup I did about them. Still have my original one on for almost 2 months and it still looks and feels great:

Official Screen Protector: Close Up Shots : moto360

Just my two cents :)

Litsen to this guy 👆... I bought these as well and you can't even tell they're are on plus it comes with 2, just make sure you put them on correctly the 1st time on your ⌚

Teejai80

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
Never liked screen protectors and never been good at putting them on. I just hope for the best, so far so good.

Plus it doesn't help that shipping to Australia is so expensive on such a small thing.

Apr 21, 2014
Visit site
Lol. The second set of protectors I ordered came in a pack of six. Really cheap but decent reviews on Amazon. My expectations were low but I just applied one. It was easy and looks almost invisible. 5 spares too. That'll do nicely!

Evilnut

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
I use the IQ Shield LiQuidSkin. Perfect installation, can't even see it on the watch. Have had it on for about 2 weeks now. They come in a 6 pack. Got them on Amazon.

Posted via a beautiful Ebony backed Moto X on Verizon or the amazing Nexus 10 using the Android Central App

Evilnut

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
In my job, if a screen protector lasts me about 2 months, I am happy with it. I work for a small landscaping company and I do mostly work with stone and concrete products. I do a lot of cutting of those items and it creates a lot of fine dust that is very gritty. My screen protectors go through a lot of abuse. In general, after about 2 weeks I can see scratches and even indentations on them because of that. For the last year or so I have been using Halo brand screen protectors on my phone. They seem to hold up the best for my use. But, after using the screen protector I referenced in my above post on my Moto 360, I think I will give that one a try next on my phone as it was a much easier and cleaner application. And it seems to be holding up very well in my abusive use of it with my job.

Posted via Android Central App from a beautiful Ebony backed Original Moto X or the amazing Nexus 10

dungoyle

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
I still feel the official ones are still the best. Here is a writeup I did about them. Still have my original one on for almost 2 months and it still looks and feels great:

Litsen to this guy ??????... I bought these as well and you can't even tell they're are on plus it comes with 2, just make sure you put them on correctly the 1st time on your ⌚

+1
That's what I'm rockin
Thanks, I just ordered from Best Buy for $5 (had $10 in reward points, making this an easy impulse buy). The naked screen seems to build up a "film" pretty quickly, which I am constantly having to clean. This just me be the natural way of things since it gets touched all day, but it will be interesting to see if the screen protectors behave any differently.

dungoyle

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site

Litsen to this guy ??????... I bought these as well and you can't even tell they're are on plus it comes with 2, just make sure you put them on correctly the 1st time on your ⌚

+1
That's what I'm rockin
Thanks, I just ordered from Best Buy for $5 (had $10 in reward points, making this an easy impulse buy). The naked screen seems to build up a "film" pretty quickly, which I am constantly having to clean. This just may be the natural way of things since it gets touched all day, but it will be interesting to see if the screen protectors behave any differently.

Green_Laser

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
I'd say you should notice a difference. I don't clean my screen much, and I feel as though it has some degree of protection from fingerprints (even though it is not mentioned on the packaging - if I'm remembering correctly)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC