Moto 360 Not Displaying Notifications

BuJ_14

May 1, 2013
Visit site
I just got a Moto 360 and the first day it displayed all my phone's notifications and I could dismiss them or open them on my phone. But today (the second day) it doesn't display my phone's notifications. It still works fine other than that. I was just wondering how I can fix this? Did I accidentally mess with a setting or something?

DanPLC

May 25, 2011
Visit site
I just got a Moto 360 and the first day it displayed all my phone's notifications and I could dismiss them or open them on my phone. But today (the second day) it doesn't display my phone's notifications. It still works fine other than that. I was just wondering how I can fix this? Did I accidentally mess with a setting or something?

Is there a little bell icon on your watch face? If there is, then you have it in "mute" mode. Swipe down on the watch face to toggle the mute setting.

BuJ_14

May 1, 2013
Visit site
No there wasn't. I don't know what was happening but I easily fixed it by just resetting the watch. Hope it lasts!

Posted via Android Central App

Yi Leng

Oct 18, 2014
Visit site
Same thing happened to me! I'v reset the watch once, and lost my notifications again after 3 days. Google Now cards, Agenda and Steps show up normally, but all notifications are GONE!!!!

I DON'T WANT TO RESET MY WATCH EVERY 2-3 DAYS!:(

BuJ_14

May 1, 2013
Visit site
Same thing happened to me! I'v reset the watch once, and lost my notifications again after 3 days. Google Now cards, Agenda and Steps show up normally, but all notifications are GONE!!!!

I DON'T WANT TO RESET MY WATCH EVERY 2-3 DAYS!:(

I found a much easier fix. Just reboot your phone it works every time. After a couple of days it stopped being necessary for me anyway and now the watch works fine.

dswatson83

May 27, 2010
Visit site
I accidentally put the watch in mute mode all the time. Swiping down activates it which is way too easy to do

blah415

Jun 3, 2012
Visit site
on my phone, theater mode was turned on.. i actually had reset my phone once before figuring this out. you can easily turn it on by accident, by double pressing the side button.. also double tapping the screen may turn theater mode on as well.

you can tell theater mode is on by the crossed off light bulb icon showing at the top of the screen.

osirhc

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
I'm having a similar issue as the OP; I rarely receive text notifications on my watch. I got my watch yesterday and since pairing it with my HTC Desire I've only been able to receive texts on my watch a handful of times. This seems to be random, not related to any particular contact or text app. I've tried the default Messaging app, Google Hangouts, and Go SMS Pro and neither have been able to give me consistent text message notifications on my Moto360. When I receive an incoming text it simply notifies me on the phone as it always does. The watch screen stays black, no vibration, when I wake the screen there is no notification.

Furthermore, the few times I have been able to receive a push notification for a text message, I have no option to reply on the watch. It clearly states on Google's help page that I should have the option to voice dictate a reply using both Hangouts or the default SMS app.

I've tried restarting the phone, restarting the watch, resyncing the app list in the app, and even resetting the watch. So far, nothing has done the trick. I'm not on mute and I'm not in theater mode. Does anyone know what gives? Could it be my phone?

Other notifications seem to display fine, such as how many steps I've taken and the heart monitor.

cszuczek

Jan 10, 2015
Visit site
I'm having a similar issue as the OP; I rarely receive text notifications on my watch. I got my watch yesterday and since pairing it with my HTC Desire I've only been able to receive texts on my watch a handful of times. This seems to be random, not related to any particular contact or text app. I've tried the default Messaging app, Google Hangouts, and Go SMS Pro and neither have been able to give me consistent text message notifications on my Moto360. When I receive an incoming text it simply notifies me on the phone as it always does. The watch screen stays black, no vibration, when I wake the screen there is no notification.

Furthermore, the few times I have been able to receive a push notification for a text message, I have no option to reply on the watch. It clearly states on Google's help page that I should have the option to voice dictate a reply using both Hangouts or the default SMS app.

I've tried restarting the phone, restarting the watch, resyncing the app list in the app, and even resetting the watch. So far, nothing has done the trick. I'm not on mute and I'm not in theater mode. Does anyone know what gives? Could it be my phone?

Other notifications seem to display fine, such as how many steps I've taken and the heart monitor.

Did you ever get your text fixed? I am running into the same issue. I can't read any text and my only options are to read on phone or block app. Anyone know how to fix?

Posted via the Android Central App

osirhc

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
I never really figured it out. Going into the android wear app and disconnect then reconnect would some times help if resync apps doesn't.

JeP84

Feb 3, 2015
Visit site
I was having the same issue with my HTC One. I could change the face of my watch through the Motorola app, etc... and it said connected. Tried rebooting the watch,no luck. I then rebooted the phone and it all worked again. Next time I willl try the resynch of apps and see if that does it.

osirhc

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
I did notice that when using Facer if I pushed a different watch face to the watch it seems that also acts to resync apps in a way. Messing around with Facer I just noticed that notifications would come in after changing the watch face. You could change your watch face with Facer and then change it back to whatever you prefer perhaps as a last resort if resync apps doesn't work. I still run into notification issues with my Nexus 6 which is beyond annoying, but for now resync apps and/or disconnecting and reconnecting with Android Wear app seem to get them back (I figured a Motorola phone with the newest Android wouldn't give me any problems, boy was I wrong).

salvy512

May 9, 2011
Visit site
Something I realized is that if you don't give access to your watch from the android wear app to receive notifications then it will not send them, but your cards will still show up... Hope this helps

Cousinsaus

Jun 9, 2015
Visit site
Guys. Possible solution here. I'm running 4.4.4 on my Note Edge and have had the "no notification" problem for several months. Today, I was playing in developer options and decided to switch my runtime from Dalvik to ART. Phone rebooted to change runtime and now my watch gets notifications again. I'm not sure if it'll work for anyone else, but I know how frustrating this issue is, and anything is worth trying. Best of luck.

stoperman

Jan 11, 2016
Visit site
Hello guys, i'm interested in buying the moto 360 1st gen. I have a question about the notifications. Do i have to pair the watch with my phone all the time in order to show me the calendar notifications or i just have to sync them once?

Feb 11, 2016
Visit site
Hi all
I just solve my issue with SMS notification on my moto 360 with galaxy S6.
With the default samsng sms it doesn't work, but with hangout it's ok BUT...
1° ) the sms have to be configure with hangouts
2) In the parameter of hangouts, in the sms option, you have to select the default sms account. On my phone it was configure with my gmail adress, and I receive sms on my phone but not on my moto360.
I changed it to "sms", and it works. I received notification
Sorry for my english (I'm french :))

Vladimir Ilic

Dec 12, 2017
Visit site
Well after a few battles as everybody else did, I just set my Vibration Pattern to Double and all my notifications are back for almost 3 days. Wierd! I do not know how long this is going to last but so far so good.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itamargs