MOTO 360 - Display offset slightly to the left

slipperysid

Nov 19, 2014
Visit site
I’ve noticed that the display on my MOTO 360 is not quite centred horizontally and is very slightly to the left. This means that for example, for numbered watch faces (e.g, Pascual), the 9 will be right up against or even slightly under the glass bevel, whereas the 3 is fine or the left hand tick marks look noticeably shorter or are even totally under the glass bevel compared to those on the right.

moto360.jpg

Not having seen another MOTO 360, I don’t know whether this is normal or not and it’s hard to tell from images. Now I’ve noticed it, it jars far more than the “flat tyre” :(.

Do other’s MOTO 360s have the same issue or are your displays horizontally centred?

Many thanks.

Green_Laser

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
Here's what you can try. It won't help solve, but can help make sure it's a real problem, and how much of a problem...

Can you measure from the bezel near 3 o'clock to the middle pin where the hands meet and then the distance from the middle pin to the bezel where the 9 o'clock is? What are the two distances?

(Will need a mm ruler)

slipperysid

Nov 19, 2014
Visit site
Thanks coop5571 and Green_Laser.
Measuring, the radius appears to be about 1mm more on the right than the left. This only implies that the face is ~0.5mm to the left, but the visual impact is worse the figures suggest.
I have requested a replacement and will see if it's better.

Last edited:

W U N F

Nov 19, 2014
Visit site
mine seems to be fine. unless i ma using facer and the persno who developed the face design has it off center so to check i uploaded a stock moto one and it was fine. i would contact motorola. i use their live chat for tyring to call i have waiting an hour on hold before.

Green_Laser

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
Thanks coop5571 and Green_Laser.
Measuring, the radius appears to be about 1mm more on the right than the left. This only implies that the face is ~0.5mm to the left, but the visual impact is worse the figures suggest.
I have requested a replacement and will see if it's better.

your eyes weren't kidding you! :cool:
i'd exchange it too, which i see you are :)
keep us updated

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bnutz