I bought a Moto 360 because it is shiny, I could get the special edition gray, and because it was a new toy. I never knew it would save me. Tonight I learned how useful a connected device on your wrist could be.

I live in a two story condo with only a single ground floor entrance. I stepped outside tonight to check for a package I was expecting. After shutting the door my dog inadvertently(hopefully it was only an accident) jumped up and hit the deadbolt locked. I stuck. I checked my pockets and there was nothing. I should also note that had no shoes on. With no phone, keys, or shoes I decided to climb up the side of my building and go in through the balcony. After a precarious climb I pulled on the handle and my door was quite unexpected locked. I began to panic as I did not have the faith in myself to climb down without falling and I also knew all my neighbors were not home so I could not yell for help. Then my wrist buzzed with a notification. My heart leapt with joy, I had a connection to the outside world! Using voice commands I called a family member who lived nearby who had tools and a ladder. Within 20 minutes We had worked open the lock and I was saved from spending the night out on balcony.

People say that it is foolish to create a solution in search of a problem, but I disagree. Google loves to just try things and see if they stick. They tried to create a device which could receive notifications and have some limited outgoing capabilities, it saved me from having to spend the night outside during December in Phoenix Arizona. Ok so it probably didn't save my life but it did save me from a cricked neck tomorrow! Thanks google for trying something. Thanks motorola for making it attractive enough to wear every day.
    B. Diddy, crxssi, dungoyle and 3 others like this.
    12-01-2014 12:03 AM
    That's awesome. Glad you didn't get hurt, too!
    12-01-2014 12:18 AM
    I could believe that you texted someone, but how did you make a phone call, since the Moto 360 doesn't have a speaker?
    12-01-2014 01:10 AM
    Using voice commands I called a family member who lived nearby who had tools and a ladder.
    I assume you mean you made a text or Email. You can't talk to anyone on a call with a 360.
    12-01-2014 06:41 AM
    I'm sure that's what he meant: text or e-mail.
    12-01-2014 08:00 AM
    I'm sure that's what he meant: text or e-mail.
    I am sorry yes, I sent a text message for help.
    12-01-2014 08:39 AM
    You should seriously consider sending this story to Motorola. It may not be as cool as James Franco using a Motorola Turbo to navigate while falling off a building, but for real life, it's pretty cool.
    12-01-2014 02:57 PM