Facer - how do I use it?

lindseybp

May 7, 2010
Visit site
So I downloaded facer as it looked like there were some cool faces. But it looks like you actually have to make faces and it doesn't come with any. Is there a website that already has facer watch faces I can download? I can't figure out how to use facer to make my own.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
It's amazing! I keep changing faces every other day just for fun! :D Be careful though, some of those fancy ones that have a lot of animations and 'extra' data like battery life and weather data DO drain your battery faster. I've used a Metroid-like once that cut my battery life almost by half with similar day-to-day use (but it was so cool looking it was still worth it haha).

VannTH

Oct 20, 2014
Visit site
It's amazing! I keep changing faces every other day just for fun! :D Be careful though, some of those fancy ones that have a lot of animations and 'extra' data like battery life and weather data DO drain your battery faster. I've used a Metroid-like once that cut my battery life almost by half with similar day-to-day use (but it was so cool looking it was still worth it haha).

SpookDroid, would you recommend facer?
I am curious but I don't want to lose a lot of battery. Are there some watch faces that are battery friendly with that app?

Thank you in advance

Posted via the Android Central App

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Oh yeah, I totally recommend it. Well, now with Android Wear supporting Watchfaces API, you'll see a lot of custom ones on the Play Store that may have more functionality than Facer (at present, Facer can only access battery status and weather, no Agenda items), but with Facer at least all available options are free. And just as with 'native' faces, the more fancy stuff they have, the more they'll drain your battery.

With 'normal' watchfaces I get the same battery life with the stock Moto360 faces than with Facer. And even with the stock ones, if you use the more animated ones, they do drain your battery faster.

Now that you can disable the wrist action to turn the screen on though, you might be able to save some battery too. In my case, when I was driving the watch would turn itself on with every bump and turn I made. Not anymore! :D

VannTH

Oct 20, 2014
Visit site
Oh yeah, I totally recommend it. Well, now with Android Wear supporting Watchfaces API, you'll see a lot of custom ones on the Play Store that may have more functionality than Facer (at present, Facer can only access battery status and weather, no Agenda items), but with Facer at least all available options are free. And just as with 'native' faces, the more fancy stuff they have, the more they'll drain your battery.

With 'normal' watchfaces I get the same battery life with the stock Moto360 faces than with Facer. And even with the stock ones, if you use the more animated ones, they do drain your battery faster.

Now that you can disable the wrist action to turn the screen on though, you might be able to save some battery too. In my case, when I was driving the watch would turn itself on with every bump and turn I made. Not anymore! :D

Thanks!
I'll check it out later this week

icellphones32

Apr 17, 2013
Visit site
How do u get the watche faces to port to your watch from your phone? Got the facer app on my phone, downloaded a face but I don't see this facer app on my 360.......???

JimSmith94

Oct 3, 2011
Visit site
How do u get the watche faces to port to your watch from your phone? Got the facer app on my phone, downloaded a face but I don't see this facer app on my 360.......???

The Facer icon itself shows up as a selectable watchface on the watch. Select that and then select the face you want to be active on your phone. It will then load it on your watch.

DennisOS2

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
I have downloaded quite a few faces using Facer. I know to access Facer on the S3 to view the most recently downloaded Facer face. How do you access all the other downloaded Facer faces? Can't find instructions.

Thanks.

DennisOS2

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
I have downloaded quite a few faces using Facer. I know to access Facer on the S3 to view the most recently downloaded Facer face. How do you access all the other downloaded Facer faces? Can't find instructions.

Thanks.

UPDATE: Figured it out. Couldn't be easier, really.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2