I received a Moto 360 (black, with black leather band) for Christmas last week and have been using it constantly since. Overall I love it. It's comfortable, stylish, unobtrusive, and does what it claims to do. I love the wide variety of watch faces. Battery life is better than I expected, and I have no worries it would last me a full day even with heavy use. Right now it will go a full day (16+ hours) with more than half battery left with my usage patterns.

I do have a few questions though, and was hoping someone has suggestions or answers to them.

1. The vibration is very weak. Even though the watch is flush against my skin, I have missed notifications because I barely feel the buzz on my wrist. I assume there's no way to adjust this? Do others feel the vibration could be stronger?

2. Tilt to view is great in theory, sporadic in use. I often find the watch has a delay of a second or two before it turns the screen on (if it does at all). I'm starting to develop the habit of tapping it instead as it responds instantly to that. Anyone have suggestions on how to get tilt to view to work reliably?

3. Is there a way to bring up cards on demand, rather than have them show up whenever Google thinks I need them? It can be distracting to check the watch simply for time only to have a card hiding a chunk of the watch face. Related, is there a quick way to dismiss all cards so I can see the watch face unobstructed?
    01-03-2015 11:24 AM
    1. Agree, it's on the weak side. Unaware of any way to increase its strength currently.
    2. I find for the tilt to come on reliably, you have to actually raise your arm in front of you and point it towards your face. I think they did this so that the battery will last longer by not coming on as frequently. Suggestion 1: If you want it to come on faster, you could set Ambient Screen setting to ON, but that will consume battery faster. Suggestion 2: If you're OK with tapping on the screen or the button to turn on the display, go into your settings in the Android Wear app on your phone and uncheck the Tilt to Wake Screen option. A benefit of this is that your battery life will increase. Suggestion 3: If you want maximum battery life, pull down from your top of your phone's screen then swipe to the left and turn Theater Mode (or Cinema Mode) to ON. This way the display will only come on when you press the side button. (A shortcut to toggle Theater/Cinema Mode on or off is to push the side button twice quickly)
    3. Go into settings on Android Wear app on your phone and uncheck Card Previews.
    sdrambo and Citizen Coyote like this.
    01-03-2015 06:53 PM
    I haven't tried this yet, but just found this app that other users recommend that allows you to make some adjustments to notification vibration on Android Wear devices (in app purchase of around $1).
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...rationNotifier
    Citizen Coyote likes this.
    01-04-2015 12:08 PM
    I haven't tried this yet, but just found this app that other users recommend that allows you to make some adjustments to notification vibration on Android Wear devices (in app purchase of around $1).
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...rationNotifier
    I went ahead and purchased the Vibration Notifier app for Android Wear. It's pretty simple to use but currently the only change to the vibration is to make the duration of the vibration shorter or longer. A longer duration setting does help some, but it's still somewhat weak on the Moto 360. I've traded emails today with the developer to see if he can add settings to increase/decrease the intensity of the vibration or be able to set a series of vibrations in quick bursts to make the vibration more noticeable. He isn't aware of ways to adjust the vibration intensity but said a setting for multiple burst vibrations might be possible in a future update.
    Citizen Coyote likes this.
    01-05-2015 09:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD