Should I get a 360?

lunchbox88

Mar 16, 2010
Visit site
I've had a pebble for about a year, and I love it. It does exactly what I wanted it to do; it alerts me to messages, calls, etc without me having to take my phone out of my pocket.

That being said, it looks...well, like a calculator watch from 1984. Just thicker.

I keep looking at the 360 and seeing this lovely device. I've got a little holiday money burning a hole in my pocket, and am really close to pulling the trigger on a 360. My only concerns are battery life, and buying something that will be outdated later this year (I'm assuming we'll see a new version this year).

Is the 360 worth my money now, or should I wait for what's next?

ETPhoneHomeT

Aug 1, 2013
Visit site
I'm very happy with my Moto 360 and retired my Pebble. Battery life is fine but like almost all current Android Wear smartwatches, expect to charge it daily. There's no chance that any Android Wear device will last as long as a Pebble on a single charge. Smartwatches will be like smartphones. New and improved models will roll out every year. You just gave to decide when you want to take the plunge.

Posted via the Android Central App

geoffr86

Apr 5, 2013
Visit site
I was rather skeptical before I bought mine. I had to kinda force myself to actually buy it in the end, but I am so glad I did. I have found it so much more useful and intuitive than I ever imagined it would be. I've had loads of people ask me about it and they all love it. Battery wise, it was pretty poor to begin with but the last update totally smashed it. I now get between 2-3 days (7am-10pm) full use. On the occasional days when I use maps and voice it does decrease but not as drastically as you might expect.

as for buying now or waiting, I would say if you are ready to go for it, don't leave it any longer. the 360 is an awesome device and won't disappoint. I think it is one of the most impressive first generation devices I've ever used. a newer version may be on the way later in the year, although the length of time between the initial announcement of the 360 and the actual release suggest it may be a long wait for the next version.

thisisacrock

Jan 25, 2015
Visit site
Buyer beware. I bought a Moto 360 as a gift for a family member in December 2014. After 3 days of having the device (brand new), the software failed and the watch would not reset. Now we have been getting the runaround from Motorola's customer service for the last month after returning the device for an exchange. We are without the watch and they refuse to give a refund. Nothing against the watch. It could be great but know that if something goes wrong, Motorola will screw you over.

JimSmith94

Oct 3, 2011
Visit site
Buyer beware. I bought a Moto 360 as a gift for a family member in December 2014. After 3 days of having the device (brand new), the software failed and the watch would not reset. Now we have been getting the runaround from Motorola's customer service for the last month after returning the device for an exchange. We are without the watch and they refuse to give a refund. Nothing against the watch. It could be great but know that if something goes wrong, Motorola will screw you over.

As far as I know, Motorola will do an exchange, but if you want a refund, you would have to return it where you bought it.

ezzzzz

Aug 19, 2014
Visit site
YES!!! got mine when they first came out, and then later even bought the moto metal band. love the watch, battery life easy one day. moto cust service does suck, but hope u don't have any problems with it. as far as waiting for next model, they botched the release so bad that it really wasn't available till like november, so that still gives u like 10 months to enjoy.

Posted via AC app on my X 14

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech