Upside Down to Wear on Right Wrist?

coreyacole

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
I specifically remember hearing that around the original announcement. Maybe during the hangout?

Anyway, does anyone know if this is actually possible? Maybe I'm missing a setting? Or just crazy and remembering incorrectly...

Either way, I love it. I get well more than 24 hours out of it, and if I can't flip it so that the button is on the outside, I won't worry. None of my other watches do it either.

Posted via the Android Central App

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
It's possible but the wrist action gets wonky and the button would go towards your hand, not away from it. If you want the button to face away from your hand (towards your fore-arm), then nope, the screen will not rotate accordingly.

coreyacole

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
It's possible but the wrist action gets wonky and the button would go towards your hand, not away from it. If you want the button to face away from your hand (towards your fore-arm), then nope, the screen will not rotate accordingly.

You kind of said the same thing twice in a different way and confused me.

I want the button to face my hand like it would if I wore it on the left wrist.

You said if I want the button to face my forearm (away from my hand), it won't rotate, but that's how it works now.

I wear my watch on my right wrist. When I wear the 360 on that wrist, the button faces my forearm.

I want to have as promised the ability to select which arm I'm using and have the watch flip to accommodate.

Edited to add that I found it. Right at the 19:30 mark...

It's Time: Meet Moto 360: http://youtu.be/HpY8O5Zer78

Last edited:

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
My apologies, I was describing the LEFT hand, not the right. In that case, the answer is NOPE. The watch doesn't have a 'hand' selector or an orientation setting. When wore on the left hand, the button faces towards your hand, and when wore on the right hand the button faces your forearm (which makes sense, since that's where the thumb of the hand you're not wearing it on is). If you want to wear it under your wrist, the same applies, but the wrist-flick gesture to turn the screen on becomes highly unreliable.

motorcycle_monkey

Feb 27, 2012
Visit site
You might ask or search the Motorola forums. Their forum managers work for Moto, so may be able to get some good details on whether that is available or when it may be coming. I have had to turn to them a few times and they are typically pretty responsive. I hope you get the answer you are looking for.

Cheers!

88 FLUX

Apr 29, 2010
Visit site
I don't believe that the ability to flip the display 180 degrees made it to production. It would cause the sensors (black section) on bottom to be on the top instead and would cause display issues with everything including third party apps that rely on that space.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
I don't believe that the ability to flip the display 180 degrees made it to production. It would cause the sensors (black section) on bottom to be on the top instead and would cause display issues with everything including third party apps that rely on that space.

True, didn't think about that. Maybe that's a feature they wanted but couldn't have because of the 'flat tire' thing. Hopefully Moto360 2 will get rid of that and solve the sensor problem with a more ingenious solution (and fix the myriad of sensor issues it has... Microsoft even states explicitly on their app pages that they do not guarantee correct operation on Moto 360 because of "unreliable sensors").

Thach Tran

Jan 5, 2016
Visit site
I have LG G Watch R and just sideloaded apk to rotate the screen. It took about 10 minutes while watching Warrior game. I have used adb before.
Watch face, cards, and touch rotated. I think gestures did not rotate.
Found instructions on reddit. Search AndroidWear and left handed mode.

This is great. My left hand often triggered button on golf swing. Now, it won't.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuckm