QI Charging with Phone as the Source of Power

wcc7777777

Jul 27, 2014
Visit site
So this probably doesn't work... but if I plugged up my Galaxy S5 to a wireless QI charging pad with the right cords, then stuck a Moto 360 on it, would the phone act as a source of power for the wireless charger?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
I don't have the appropriate adapter to plug the USB connector of a Qi charger into the microUSB connector of a phone, but there's no reason it shouldn't work if you have one - aside from the fact that you'll kill the S5 battery pretty quickly. (Electricity is electricity - the charger doesn't care where the power comes from.)

wcc7777777

Jul 27, 2014
Visit site
I don't have the appropriate adapter to plug the USB connector of a Qi charger into the microUSB connector of a phone, but there's no reason it shouldn't work if you have one - aside from the fact that you'll kill the S5 battery pretty quickly. (Electricity is electricity - the charger doesn't care where the power comes from.)
Thanks for the info! I actually found the right adaptor, and I have an extra S5 battery that I usually keep near me, so, in theory, when my 360 gets low I can empty an S5 battery and toss in the other.