Why doesn't Wake on Tilt Work?

PaulDiM

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
Got a brand new 360 today. I have my Android wear set to "Tilt to wake screen" set to ON. Yet this damn thing never turns on when I go from a "resting state" to "up in my face looking at it state."

What's the deal? Why is it doing nothing? Any suggestions? I've seen things in posts about battery life, but the actual tilt to wake issues doesn't seem common...or are they?

pwscott

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
I get this sometimes.....then it will start working fine. I change watchfaces a lot (from badapps.fr and facerepo.com) and use Watchmaker Premium and Facer....try changing faces a few times and may be do a restart (not reset) of the 360.

icwhatudidthere

Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
I have this issue. It's not consistent, it's more like sometimes it just doesn't recognize my movements as a trigger to wake up. You have to be very deliberate in your motion and sit there for at least half a second to wake it up.

pwscott

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
Wake on Tilt fully doesn;t work at all for me now...weird.

I am not in Theater Mode- double checked that. I have tried various faces from Watchmaker latest and Facer latest as well as faces I bought in the polay store....none come on now when I tilt the watch.

I have re-verified in the Android Wear App on my Note 4 that "Tilt to wake screen" is checked...and I have "Resync'd apps".

I have restarted the 360.

In Watchmaker Premium latest update 'Gyro Strength on phone is at default of about 30 it looks like and so is Gyro Strength on Watch.
Any other ideas??

djreadycee

May 19, 2011
Visit site
is there a way to adjust the sensitivity of the tilt to wake? I almost have to smack myself in the face just to get it to show up sometimes.

jasonbee78

Feb 21, 2015
Visit site
I'm wearing a BB Refurb Samsung Gear Live running AW 5.0.2. Tilt to wake and Pedometer stopped working yesterday. I was about to return it when I stumbbled across a post on a Samsung Gear Fit forum to simply Power Off the watch. After hours of searching and resets it was just that simple.

No amount of restarts and resets work. Go to Settings. Power Off watch. Wait a few seconds. Power it back on. The sensors are reactivated and I get to keep my watch.

chezm

Trusted Member
Sep 19, 2014
Visit site
Had my Moto 360 for only 17 days and the Tilt to Wake completely stopped working out of nowhere, I dont think the Ambient ever worked properly (it wouldnt always stay on, it would shut off and only turn on again during motion). I did multiple Resets, removed apps, no help...Motorola said I did everything I needed to and now the repair shop needs to take a look. First Motorola product in over 10 years, kinda disappointed but nevertheless its tech and stuff happens.

rsmin

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
Had my Moto 360 for only 17 days and the Tilt to Wake completely stopped working out of nowhere, I dont think the Ambient ever worked properly (it wouldnt always stay on, it would shut off and only turn on again during motion). I did multiple Resets, removed apps, no help...Motorola said I did everything I needed to and now the repair shop needs to take a look. First Motorola product in over 10 years, kinda disappointed but nevertheless its tech and stuff happens.

Hate that for you, maybe they will replace it with a new one.

ETPhoneHomeT

Aug 1, 2013
Visit site

I don't believe Ambient Mode on the Moto 360 is designed to stay on 100% of the time. It stays dimly lit when moved away from your face and shuts off completely if not pointed somewhat within your line of sight.

chezm

Trusted Member
Sep 19, 2014
Visit site
I don't believe Ambient Mode on the Moto 360 is designed to stay on 100% of the time. It stays dimly lit when moved away from your face and shuts off completely if not pointed somewhat within your line of sight.

Interesting, you're the first to mention this. If this is the case then my ambient worked fine prior to tilt to wake stopping to work completely. Everyone always says how its always on and eats the battery, I found how my ambient mode worked did not use the battery much.

Posted via the Android Central App

ETPhoneHomeT

Aug 1, 2013
Visit site
Interesting, you're the first to mention this. If this is the case then my ambient worked fine prior to tilt to wake stopping to work completely. Everyone always says how its always on and eats the battery, I found how my ambient mode worked did not use the battery much.

This explains ambient mode on the Moto 360 and how it differs from the other OEM's always on display.
http://www.talkandroid.com/guides/m...ambient-screen-and-auto-brightness-explained/

RedRamage

May 18, 2012
Visit site
I'm wearing a BB Refurb Samsung Gear Live running AW 5.0.2. Tilt to wake and Pedometer stopped working yesterday. I was about to return it when I stumbbled across a post on a Samsung Gear Fit forum to simply Power Off the watch. After hours of searching and resets it was just that simple.

No amount of restarts and resets work. Go to Settings. Power Off watch. Wait a few seconds. Power it back on. The sensors are reactivated and I get to keep my watch.

Thanks man! This saved me a LOT of work trying to troubleshoot. Odd that a 'restart' doesn't fix it, but power off - power on does.

chezm

Trusted Member
Sep 19, 2014
Visit site
Just got my device back from motorola, same device software flashed by repair and it looks to have corrected the problem. Fingers crossed it doesn't happen again.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12