Changing the Vibration pattern on the Moto 360

racquetballer

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
Due to the weak vibration I tend to not feel the vibration on my Moto360 from time to time. I've been searching for an app that would allow me to change the vibe pattern for months to no avail. My problem was solved by an app I already had installed on my phone. Yesterday Light Flow just updated their app to allow vibration patterns and repeating vibrations to notify your wearable device. I just tested this out and it works great!! I have mine set to 3 long vibes. I hope this app helps the people who complain about the weak stock vibration on their Moto 360. BTW I have no vested interest in Light Flow.

gadgetgirl3

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
I just installed the paid version of Light Flow and I don't see the option for Android Wear. I see where I can add AW, but only for Wearable Connected and Wearable Disconnected.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

racquetballer

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
When Light Flow announced android wearable I couldn't find it too. It took me awhile to find where to set it.
Go to notification setting => Scroll to Vibration => Next category under "Enable vibrate" is Location (This device & wearable). That is where you set it. Hope this helps you.. If not, I can do a screen shot for you.. Let me know..

I also have reminder set too (in case I don't feel it the first time)..

AvaMichele

Apr 7, 2013
Visit site
Again Watchmaker does this!

M8/360
Can you explain, please, the vibration settings on Watchmaker? I see the vibration settings, but they appear to be for specific notifications. I would like to set for all notifications.

Sent from my Turbo via Tapatalk

Last edited:

AGPaxton

Feb 14, 2015
Visit site
When Light Flow announced android wearable I couldn't find it too. It took me awhile to find where to set it.
Go to notification setting => Scroll to Vibration => Next category under "Enable vibrate" is Location (This device & wearable). That is where you set it. Hope this helps you.. If not, I can do a screen shot for you.. Let me know..

I also have reminder set too (in case I don't feel it the first time)..

OMG thank you! I've been looking for a way to do this. Coming from a pebble, the short weaker vibrations of the 360 were tough to swallow. This helps immensely.

racquetballer

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
OMG thank you! I've been looking for a way to do this. Coming from a pebble, the short weaker vibrations of the 360 were tough to swallow. This helps immensely.

I didn't want to pay for watchmaker since I'm not making any faces (I'm sure it's a fine app).

I already had Light Flow on my phone to customize the light & vibration on my phone and when the update came out to control our android wear watches it was a "no brainer" for me. I figured people who already had Light Flow may not be aware of the new additional update to provide our watches with not only different vibration patterns but also reminder vibe in case we miss the original vibration... I also came from a pebble which has a stronger vibe then my 360... I love the 360 but the vibration is too weak... Glad it works well for you too... Again, I have no vested interest in Light Flow but I though it'd help others out!!

crxssi

Linux: The power beneath
May 31, 2010
Visit site
I found Vibration Notifier in the play store. It was simple to use, and works for me.

Another similar option is https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...ails?id=org.intoorbit.renotify&token=ReWVuIfo Repeating Notifications, which I have used for a long time with great success. It won't change the duration or pattern of the vib on the 360, but it WILL remind you when you miss a call or text until it is acknowledged.

It really is crazy stupid that there is no vibration duration/intensity/pattern setting on the 360.

ETPhoneHomeT

Aug 1, 2013
Visit site
I found Vibration Notifier in the play store. It was simple to use, and works for me.

I use Vibration Notifier too and it works great. It allows you to adjust vibration duration and that makes it much more noticeable when a notification is received. I asked the developer awhile back about possibly adding pattern or strength adjustments. He said he didn't think he could do anything about strength but would look into pattern adjustments.

AvaMichele

Apr 7, 2013
Visit site
Another app that I am trying is a messenger app called coffee. This one allows you to change the vibration pattern. Now I can tell the difference between sms and email notifications.

I use Vibration Notifier too and it works great. It allows you to adjust vibration duration and that makes it much more noticeable when a notification is received. I asked the developer awhile back about possibly adding pattern or strength adjustments. He said he didn't think he could do anything about strength but would look into pattern adjustments.

leehop71

Feb 19, 2015
Visit site
Hey all! I just got Moto 360 as well. My concern is more on the strength of vibration more than duration, however BOTH would be nice.
Do any of these apps increase the strength?

crxssi

Linux: The power beneath
May 31, 2010
Visit site
Hey all! I just got Moto 360 as well. My concern is more on the strength of vibration more than duration, however BOTH would be nice.
Do any of these apps increase the strength?

Nothing can increase strength. The motor is on or off. If it only possible to change the duration and/or pattern (and neither option is included in the stock 360, unfortunately).

ETPhoneHomeT

Aug 1, 2013
Visit site
Another app that I am trying is a messenger app called coffee. This one allows you to change the vibration pattern. Now I can tell the difference between sms and email notifications.

Thanks AvaMichele! Just installed this a couple of minutes ago and seems pretty cool. Can set different vibration patterns for different people too. And looks like you can create canned messages and replies and send them quickly with just a couple taps on your watch.

leehop71: Installing an app that increases duration works just fine as since I started using Vibration Notifier and increased the duration, I never miss a notification anymore. A longer vibration is quite noticeable, the stock notification is weak because it's so short.

azcalor

May 22, 2012
Visit site
I don't see the option under Vibration that resembles "Location (This device & wearable)".
Can you point out what I'm missing?
Thanks!

screenshot.png

azcalor

May 22, 2012
Visit site
Just downloaded yesterday so it is the current version, good to know it requires the paid version to work I must have missed that in the original post. I'd would really like to try before I buy but guess I'll have to take a chance or maybe try one of the other apps first.

Thanks again for the help

azcalor

May 22, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, mine is the lite version. Funny it doesn't list that as being one of the differences between the paid and lite version on their site.

chezm

Trusted Member
Sep 19, 2014
Visit site

I downloaded this app to give it a shot and it looks good, i love that I can reply to texts from my phone as well. Thing is, double text messages go to my watch. If i disable Android Wear notifications, wont ALL be not sent and not just SMS?