Still Crap Battery Life?

matt3166

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
So I got my moto360 this morning, set it up and then charged it to 100%. Took it off the charger at 1pm and went to work, here it is 5pm and it's dead. I don't have the ambient display on, the brightness is turned down to 1. I just don't get it, I didn't have many notifications. It's updated to the latest software as well.
Any ideas?

Posted via the Android Central App

Bruno28

Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
Yeah. Cause I was having same problems. Also let it get 5 full charge usage. As the battery also gets better.

Also in the manual it says 2 hours for fully charged. And mine gets to 100% in one hour. So the otehr 1 hour should be done to get the best run times.

matt3166

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
Yeah. Cause I was having same problems. Also let it get 5 full charge usage. As the battery also gets better.

Also in the manual it says 2 hours for fully charged. And mine gets to 100% in one hour. So the otehr 1 hour should be done to get the best run times.

Thanks for the tips. I'll definitely try them out

itinj6

Dec 5, 2013
Visit site
I went through two Moto 360s. For both of them, my previous one and my current one, right out the box (I believe it came with 30%) the battery depleted fully within an hour. The next charge was pretty bad too. After a few charges, the battery stabilized and I'm getting full days with a decent amount of charge left in the tank.

Give it a little time and it gets better.

purpleclad

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site
I'd reset the watch, something is definitely not right. I took mine off the charger at 7 this morning and am currently sitting at 64% remaining at 10:30pm.

AntinOz

Feb 16, 2015
Visit site
Mine was new last week. I have been getting in excess of 18 hours usage since day one. Today Android Wear predicts it will last for another 15 hours and it has been off the charger for 9 already.

Penguwin

VR Expert
Nov 15, 2013
Visit site
I've found that over time you'll form a pattern that works for you (as far as what options to turn on/off, watch faces, apps, etc.) to optimize battery life. Like many here, I've been getting around 15-18 hours with ambient and tilt to wake OFF.

Digital Moe

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site
Last few days I have not been home and staying at a friend's place and did not have charger do I turned the watch off at abit 23:00 and managed to go three days there is still 18% still left on it.

chezm

Trusted Member
Sep 19, 2014
Visit site
On my fifth day, took off charger at 8am and its now 9:40pm with 42% remaining. Yesterday at this time it was at 10% by this time so it looks to be improving. No real complaints here.

dungoyle

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
I have bad days now and then, but on average, I'm right in the ballpark of 24 hours (extrapolating when I put it on the charger going to bed). Ambient off, full brightness. I rotate from a factory watch face to facer, to watchmaker faces about once a week.

crxssi

Linux: The power beneath
May 31, 2010
Visit site
So I got my moto360 this morning, set it up and then charged it to 100%. Took it off the charger at 1pm and went to work, here it is 5pm and it's dead. I don't have the ambient display on, the brightness is turned down to 1. I just don't get it, I didn't have many notifications. It's updated to the latest software as well.
Any ideas?

The subject you picked for this thread is inappropriate (what part is "still" with a new watch?) and unnecessarily hostile (and I suggest you edit it).

I easily get 36 to 48 hours per charge. If after 5 days you still have short battery life, see this thread: http://forums.androidcentral.com/moto-360/471939-what-do-when-360-misbehaves.html

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon