Viewing images and documents?

Toxic_Polaris

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
Hi everybody,
every day passed I' m more and more into buying a Moto 360. However, I' m not an experienced user so I wanted to ask you. One thing I' m particularly interested in is the possibility of viewing pictures and documents saved on na internal memory right on the watch screen. Is it possible and how comfortable it is?

Thank you

Penguwin

VR Expert
Nov 15, 2013
Visit site
Hi everybody,
every day passed I' m more and more into buying a Moto 360. However, I' m not an experienced user so I wanted to ask you. One thing I' m particularly interested in is the possibility of viewing pictures and documents saved on na internal memory right on the watch screen. Is it possible and how comfortable it is?

Thank you
I haven't gone looking to do this on purpose, but most Android Wear watches are designed to be notification viewing devices, not standalone do anything devices.

That said, you can view google keep notes on the watch and there may be a third party watch app available to view documents on the watch. If someone texts you a picture, you can see it on the watch. However, sometimes the picture gets cut off and doesn't view properly on such a small screen. Again, maybe there is a gallery app for the watch... I'm not sure.

One thing to seriously keep in mind tho, is that the longer you keep the watch's screen on (looking at pictures and documents), the battery will drain faster and may leave you with a dead watch :( .

Penguwin

VR Expert
Nov 15, 2013
Visit site
No, but I would prefer Android Wear. Are you suggesting me Samsung Gear?
The Gear, Gear 2, and Gear 2 Neo (not the Gear Live) *do* actually have a gallery app on the watch preloaded out of the box. Not sure on the documents thing tho.

Of course, those do NOT run Android Wear and you would need a Samsung phone for it to work properly.

Toxic_Polaris

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
That' s the thing, I own a Nexus 6. By the way, you don't have to explain me things like that ;). I reckon, I misinformed you. I know the first and last about smartphones and Android, theoretically about Android Wear as well, I haven' t used one though, so no experience.

But thanks much

Penguwin

VR Expert
Nov 15, 2013
Visit site
That' s the thing, I own a Nexus 6. By the way, you don't have to explain me things like that ;). I reckon, I misinformed you. I know the first and last about smartphones and Android, theoretically about Android Wear as well, I haven' t used one though, so no experience.

But thanks much
No offense intended... See crxssi's post above this one for a watch app that may achieve what your looking to do.

crxssi

Linux: The power beneath
May 31, 2010
Visit site
https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...s/details?id=com.iac.mygallery&token=_rg8MkVG

It actually works. Flaky, though... I had to sync it twice to get the photos on there, but then it works OK.

I have been showing cat pix to people on and off today... it is actually more handy than I thought it would be :) It even remembers where you were when you go back into the app (since you do have to navigate a full directory tree, even if you only synced one sub-sub-sub-sub directory).

Penguwin

VR Expert
Nov 15, 2013
Visit site
I have been showing cat pix to people on and off today... it is actually more handy than I thought it would be :) It even remembers where you were when you go back into the app (since you do have to navigate a full directory tree, even if you only synced one sub-sub-sub-sub directory).
LOL... Cat pics on the watch! Brilliant! :) Haha.

ETPhoneHomeT

Aug 1, 2013
Visit site

What kind of impact does this app have on battery life?

crxssi

Linux: The power beneath
May 31, 2010
Visit site
What kind of impact does this app have on battery life?

As far as I can tell, none at all. It is just a "gallery" type app. The photos are loaded onto the watch's storage. The only significant battery used would be having the screen on to show the photo... no different than having the screen on to view the watch time or any other app. There is no background processing, that I know of (it is not a service, and has no communication except when you are actually transferring the photos from the phone to the watch, which you only have to do once).

robertopod1968

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
"My roll" and "mini wear launcher". With mini wear launcher You can swipe right to bring up apps and then select my roll and it'll pull any pictures you want right from your phone