How does answering phone calls work on the 360?

df79transam

Sep 17, 2010
Visit site
Ive looked everywhere and still am confused as to how answering phone calls on the moto 360 works. When you select to take the call from the watch, does the watch act as the mic and the phones speaker work on speaker phone, or do you answer the call from the watch then take you phone from you pocket? Really confused.

Posted via the Android Central App

jhilker

Trusted Member
Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
It's really more of a notification. You can either not take the call (sliding toward the red) or take the call (slide toward the green). If you decide to take the call, it opens the phone app on your phone to take it.

df79transam

Sep 17, 2010
Visit site
Thank you, I wanna give the 360 another try, I had one for a day but I got so frustrated with it, I returned it but I love watches, and I can't get the thing out of my mind. I did find a YouTube video of a gentleman demonstrating receiving and calling out on a LG G watch r, and there was an app that he downloaded that turns on the speaker phone upon receiving a call. The price also was something I wasn't comfortable with either but I'm waiting till a successor comes out, hope then the price drops considerably on the original 360.

AntinOz

Feb 16, 2015
Visit site
as JHilker alluded to, the 360 is not a speakerphone. If you answer a call on the watch you then take your phone out and use it as per normal. This is not to say it would be impossible to write an app that uses the mic on the watch but I haven't seen one yet.

dungoyle

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
I'm honestly not sure that I would use this functionality if it were available, but I know others do. I understand that the original Galaxy watches were popular, in no small part because you could take calls from the watch, like **** Tracy (minus the video). While I would personally feel a bit silly doing this, I do think it should be part of the Android Wear specification so that it could be used by those who want it. There is clearly a target audience for this experience.

mugenlude19

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site
In the office
I use the "Wear Speaker" app.

Upon answering on the watch a speaker phone icon comes up and you can switch to speaker phone if my phone is nearby on my desk without touching it!

M8/360

df79transam

Sep 17, 2010
Visit site
In the office
I use the "Wear Speaker" app.

Upon answering on the watch a speaker phone icon comes up and you can switch to speaker phone if my phone is nearby on my desk without touching it!

M8/360

Even this is neat, sometimes while driving I'd like to have this feature. I could look down at a watch on my wrist to see who is calling a lot easier than pulling a phone out to look. If it where important, I could take the call by swiping in the watch, and use the speaker phone on the phone.

Yeah, I love that **** Tracey watch, I've dreamed off and on about being able to do this

Penguwin

VR Expert
Nov 15, 2013
Visit site
As dungoyle mentions above, some watches do have the speakerphone capability, like Martian VoiceCommand watches or some Samsung Gears. I have tried it myself and gotta agree with dungoyle that the experience just isn't there yet IMO, of course.

Add to the whole scenario that there are very few instances where I would want my phone calls broadcasted to everyone around me and it's just not for me, I suppose. However, this is just my opinion of course, if you enjoy it and it works for you... More power to ya, I say! :)

crxssi

Linux: The power beneath
May 31, 2010
Visit site
No speaker. I can't see where answering calls and actively talking on the phone through a watch is of much value (certainly not to me, and probably not to most people). Knowing who is calling and possibly rejecting the call is... and so is "answering" it so it won't go to voicemail before I dig out your phone or headset to start talking to the other party.

mugenlude19's suggestion is kinda neat with the Wear Speaker speakerphone initiate app.

I think it would be nice if the 360 had a speaker. I can't think of any occasion why I would want my watch to make noise, but I bet some creative person might think of something. Speakers do take up space and are somewhat incompatible with waterproofing... and probably neither are very compatible with Motorola's design goals for the 360.

jhilker

Trusted Member
Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
The price also was something I wasn't comfortable with either but I'm waiting till a successor comes out, hope then the price drops considerably on the original 360.

Price on the Moto 360 has dropped to$179 at Amazon and Best Buy, making it a great value, and half the price of Apple's cheapest watch.

crxssi

Linux: The power beneath
May 31, 2010
Visit site
Price on the Moto 360 has dropped to$179 at Amazon and Best Buy, making it a great value, and half the price of Apple's cheapest watch.

Indeed. And the cheapest Apple watch doesn't even have a nice band like the cheapest Moto 360 does. So comparing apples to apples (LOL), the 360 is now actually quite a bit less than half the price of a comparable model.

B3t0

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Well I'm already disappointed because I just ordered my 360 on replacement for my Samsung Galaxy Gear Neo and this feature was the one that I used more. Unfortunately for me the Neo is out of stock down here in Mexico so I bought the 360. I will give it a try and if I don't get what I used to wot the Gear then I will be returning it. :(

kengell

May 30, 2011
Visit site
The 2nd generation moto 360 have speakers, however since one of the recent updates the phone app is no longer available. That's how I ended up here, looking for the solution to reactivate it.