Someone noticed my watch, and...

ODog2323

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
A co-worker spotted my 360 today and excitedly asked "Oh my god, is that the iPhone watch??"

It's usually tough for me to describe what the gadget on my wrist is to a non-techie person, so it was actually refreshing to just be able to say "Nah, it's a Motorola." LOL

AC App
Nexus 6

jhilker

Trusted Member
Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
I'm just amazed at how much the media is in Apple's hip pocket. For all the coverage that's been given to the Apple Watch, you'd think they had invented the smartwatch!

crxssi

Linux: The power beneath
May 31, 2010
Visit site
I get that all the time. Is that the apple watch? Ugg

Me too, makes me want to barf. My standard reply now is "Um, no, this is a watch that works with many more devices, has been out for many months now, is more attractive, and is half the price."

TheMarco

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
It's pretty infuriating. The most annoying thing for me is how journalists essentially write that the Apple Watch sucks but then somehow come to the conclusion that it's awesome anyway. I've never seen anything like it before.

crxssi

May 31, 2010
Visit site
It's pretty infuriating. The most annoying thing for me is how journalists essentially write that the Apple Watch sucks but then somehow come to the conclusion that it's awesome anyway. I've never seen anything like it before.

Exactly... and every article seems to imply Apple invented the smart watch and it is so innovative. Please tell me ONE innovative thing about the Apple Watch that the 360 doesn't have. A "digital crown" because Apple claims we can't swipe or pinch zoom on a watch screen effectively? Really? I have no problem doing that, do you?

You will love this: Apple Introduces Revolutionary New Laptop With No Keyboard | The Onion - America's Finest News Source

TheMarco

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
Everything is always all of a sudden innovative when it comes from Apple. I have no idea why the press is like that.

For me by the way the biggest show stopping issue with the Apple Watch is the fact that it doesn't support custom watch faces. Personalization is a big deal. I have no idea why Apple is launching without that being possible.

Photo_Drew

Aug 18, 2012
Visit site
Happens all the time. Probably more once the weather warms up and the short sleeves come out.

Posted via the Android Central App

Not Quite Right

Trusted Member
May 6, 2013
Visit site
Yeah I've been getting a lot of the "Apple Watch" comments and questions lately as well. I just tell everyone that it's the "Google Watch" that does everything the "Apple Watch" does only for half the price, and the only reason they hadn't heard of it instead is that Google's not the media whores that Apple is ...

crxssi

May 31, 2010
Visit site
And asked twice more again today. Geez.

Funny how *NOBODY* noticed or commented on my smart watch the many months up to the Apple announcements.

GoBigRed4

Jan 19, 2014
Visit site
Maybe we should all have smiles on our faces because, despite all the images of the apple watch in the media now, people still think the moto 360 is the apple watch even though they look nothing alike.

I also get the question a lot and I tell them "yes, it's the apple watch except that google makes this one. You should go buy it right now at best buy because it is definitely the apple watch."

Posted via the Android Central App

LowIQ

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
A few days ago I walked into an Apple Store to check out the new Apple Watch, so when my Moto-360 lit up I was asked what it was as it had a similar menu as the Apple watch
My-Moto.jpg
and it also has a better Mickey Mouse Clock face mickey mouse.jpg
in that Mickey Shoe taps the seconds out

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463