1. sds0918's Avatar
    I had a galaxy gear and this was the most useful/coolest feature.... This way I didn't have to push the button just to view the time, like a watch. Please tell me this watch as this feature and I'm just missing it?
    04-17-2015 10:17 AM
  2. vegasdroid's Avatar
    Yes, it's called "tilt to wake." It's found in the Android Wear app settings.

    Sent from the EDGE of the Galaxy S6 edge!
    04-17-2015 10:41 AM
  3. dungoyle's Avatar
    I had a galaxy gear and this was the most useful/coolest feature.... This way I didn't have to push the button just to view the time, like a watch. Please tell me this watch as this feature and I'm just missing it?
    Yes, it senses when you raise your arm and rotate your wrist, then the display comes on. In fairness, it works better for some folks than others. It works 85% of the time for me "naturally", and the other 15% I have to make a more exaggerated gesture for the watch to understand I want to see the time.
    04-17-2015 10:41 AM
  4. crxssi's Avatar
    Yes, it senses when you raise your arm and rotate your wrist, then the display comes on. In fairness, it works better for some folks than others. It works 85% of the time for me "naturally", and the other 15% I have to make a more exaggerated gesture for the watch to understand I want to see the time.
    I wish it had a sensitivity setting for the tilt to wake. I actually turned off tilt-to-wake and find it just fine touching the screen or button to wake it. I might turn it back on, though. Works well about 85-90% of the time, just like you describe.
    04-17-2015 05:22 PM
  5. dungoyle's Avatar
    I wish it had a sensitivity setting for the tilt to wake...
    Completely agree with this.
    04-17-2015 07:33 PM
  6. Sam Ham's Avatar
    I noticed the wake up on tilt works better when ambient mode is on
    04-20-2015 12:20 AM
  7. g2_havok's Avatar
    I noticed the wake up on tilt works better when ambient mode is on
    that has been my observations as well.
    04-24-2015 07:32 PM
  8. crxssi's Avatar
    I noticed the wake up on tilt works better when ambient mode is on
    That is the whole purpose of "ambient" mode- it is more sensitive to being awakened.
    04-24-2015 09:32 PM
  9. g2_havok's Avatar
    for tickles and giggles, i just messed around with the tilt to wake feature over the weekend.

    according to my observation, the angle you turn the watch needs to face you a bit more. on a regular watch, you can keep the face at near parallel with the ground and you can still see the time with no issue. if i try that on the 360, 5/10 it would not tun on the screen.

    when i tried tilting it beyond parallel, i had 9/10 success rate. i also had to pause a full "one thousand one" and the screen would turn on. this may have been a deliberate calibration of the sensor or else the tilt function would turn on almost all the time. i do agree, i wish the tilt function itself had a sensitivity setting regardless of ambient mode, but, such granularity may mean having too much settings to keep track of.
    04-27-2015 04:43 PM

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-19-2015, 02:11 AM
  2. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-17-2015, 01:08 PM
  3. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-17-2015, 11:10 AM
  4. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-17-2015, 11:10 AM
  5. Email on s6
    By katiheefner in forum Samsung Galaxy S6
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-17-2015, 10:06 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD