I took my watch off the charger at 8 am, and its lasted until about 3pm. I just bought this watch two days ago. Ambient mode is off, the only other app (besides android wear) that I have installed is MotoConnect app, and I am just using the minimal watch face. Any tips for extending battery life?

Thanks
    04-20-2015 02:30 PM
    Did you do the two updates? Sounds like you have not done the updates.

Sent from my XT1095 using Tapatalk
    04-20-2015 02:39 PM
    I have, my watch is running version 5.0.2, my phone (Note 4) is running 5.0.1
    04-20-2015 02:42 PM
    I disabled the pedometer and heart rate monitor and my battery life is much improved.
    Aquila likes this.
    04-20-2015 04:14 PM
    Is that done by simply turning the notifications off?
    04-20-2015 04:15 PM
    Tap the screen, scroll down to select heart rate. While its doing that swipe left, On mine i have Daily step Goal to None, Notifications Off, Step History Off, Heart Rate History Off, All of that is just for the health app only.
    I still get notifications of email and texts and hangouts.
    I honestly think its the heart rate monitor that is the battery killer.
    I disabled the step a day or two after i got it, a week later i disabled the heart rate monitor, it was then that i noticed a lot better battery life.
    I can still manually check my heart rate if i want.
    Aquila and Clancey123 like this.
    04-20-2015 04:31 PM
    Tap the screen, scroll down to select heart rate. While its doing that swipe left, On mine i have Daily step Goal to None, Notifications Off, Step History Off, Heart Rate History Off, All of that is just for the health app only.
    I have no such settings available following those instructions. There is just the monitor screen on the left, the goals in the middle with nothing you can do and notifications on the rightmost screen. You can turn off the notifications, I see no other options available. What am I missing?
    04-20-2015 04:38 PM
    I have no such settings available following those instructions. There is just the monitor screen on the left, the goals in the middle with nothing you can do and notifications on the rightmost screen. You can turn off the notifications, I see no other options available. What am I missing?
    i think those options only show up if google fit is turned on. otherwise, my assumption is hrm, pedometer etc are all off if google fit is off on the watch...
    04-20-2015 05:15 PM
    i think those options only show up if google fit is turned on. otherwise, my assumption is hrm, pedometer etc are all off if google fit is off on the watch...
    Makes sense... I am pretty sure I would have turned such a thing off, if I had a choice, somewhere
    04-20-2015 05:23 PM
    Thanks, Ill try that. On average, what is everyone's battery life?

Also, I don't know if this matters, but when I first opened the watch it was dead. I had to let it charge for a couple of minutes before I could set it up.
    04-20-2015 07:37 PM

Also, I don't know if this matters, but when I first opened the watch it was dead. I had to let it charge for a couple of minutes before I could set it up.
    so far, i think the reported 24 hours is about average for average use (ambient, tilt to wake, etc off). given that after about ~11 hours of use i've had 47% and ~35% left, its not a stretch to say i could conceivably get 24 hours as well.

fyi, my watch arrived with no charge in the battery as well.
    04-20-2015 08:42 PM
    Ah, I have tilt to wake on. That could be draining it as well.
    04-20-2015 08:49 PM
    I does take a few charge cycles & a few days of use to stabilize the battery.

Posted via Android Central App from a beautiful Ebony backed Original Moto X or the amazing Nexus 10
    04-20-2015 09:57 PM
    I have tilt to wake on as well.

When you first used the heart sensor, did you use the google one or the motorola one? I had an option for both, i chose the top one with the heart, aka the google one. Also when you check your heart rate, is it a heart with a circle around it or a flat line with pulses?
    Heart with circle is the google one. Thats also the instructions i gave.. It may be different for the motorola variant.
    I also noticed with it ON i saw a green light underneath my watch every time i took it off. Turning off the heart monitoring shut that off.
    crxssi likes this.
    04-21-2015 09:14 AM

24 hours min with "normal" use, ambient off after a week of charge cycles. With light use and tilt-to-wake off, it can be considerably longer.
    04-21-2015 05:52 PM
    I have tilt to wake on as well.

When you first used the heart sensor, did you use the google one or the motorola one? I had an option for both, i chose the top one with the heart, aka the google one. Also when you check your heart rate, is it a heart with a circle around it or a flat line with pulses?
    Heart with circle is the google one. Thats also the instructions i gave.. It may be different for the motorola variant.
    I also noticed with it ON i saw a green light underneath my watch every time i took it off. Turning off the heart monitoring shut that off.
    Ah, now I see. You actually have to go into "Google Fit" on the watch, not the heart rate apps, which was not presented on mine until I chose "Start...." then I could go into that and the last screen has the options you posted. And now I just turned them all off (since I really have no interest in that stuff, anyway!) Thanks
    04-21-2015 05:56 PM
    I was reading this post. I am having issues with battery life as well. I've had my moto 360 since it came out. I have barely eeked 9 hours on the battery. Today for example I took the watch off the charger at 6am this morning and it currently dead and has been dead since 10:30ish. When I took it off it had 100% charge. I have the Ambient lighting turned off, I haven't used it hardly at all, as I wear it at work to monitor notifications and respond to messages if I need. I love the watch but I am unsure what I am doing wrong. I've ready everywhere people are averaging 16-20 hours on the battery but I am no where near that. I have it paired to a Note 3 with 5.0 and the watch has 5.0.2 i believe. can anyone give some strong advice or guide me to wear I can go to adjust something?

I would like to keep the fitness apps all active as I do use them from alittle daily. I am assuming those times I have read about have all that still active.
    04-22-2015 11:32 AM
    i have a note 3 as well. Did you turn off the heart rate monitor and pedomoter?
    I took mine off at 640am and its 4pm now and i have 59%battery life left.
    Ambient off, tilt to wake is on. Im using minimal and elegant face i got from the play store.

what what face are you using?
    04-22-2015 04:01 PM
    I was reading this post. I am having issues with battery life as well. I've had my moto 360 since it came out. I have barely eeked 9 hours on the battery. [...] can anyone give some strong advice or guide me to wear I can go to adjust something?
    When all else fails, see: http://forums.androidcentral.com/mot...isbehaves.html
    Nathan Rhodes2 likes this.
    04-22-2015 05:40 PM
    Something is definitely up with the 360.
    Thought it was the Wear update, but mine hadn't updated. Thinking it might be the new Google Play Services.

Losing 10% in minutes!

Trued powering off, recharging and still happening.

TJH

Posted via the Android Central App
    04-22-2015 08:58 PM
    I have tried all of what you recommended except for the tilt to wake. I love the watch but I do not wear it often because I look like a fool wearing a dead watch after about 4 to 5 hours.

Posted via the Android Central App
    04-22-2015 10:00 PM
    I've noticed that on my Moto 360 2nd Generation watch the heart rate monitor green lights keep coming on every 5 minutes. I've read articles and watched videos about it happening, but no one seems to know how to turn it off. Currently, the only thing that has worked is disabling the Moto Body app on the watch itself. The only downside to this is you can't get steps or other readings.

I'm going to continue looking into this, as it seems to be a battery drain problem for some, though for me I don't want those green lights going off on my wrist every 5 minutes. I'd like to I would like to have the step counting continue, and be able to see my heart rate when I want it, every now and again, but it should only be an option to have it go off and monitor the way it does.

Also, the data the heart monitoring is taking every 5 minutes supposedly cannot be accessed by the user, so what is the use? Something is very fishy about that.

WCM
    07-09-2016 01:41 PM