Newbie questions and problems?

Floridadomer

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
I see where to adjust the brightness but when I look at the watch, it is dimming and and then closing way to early for me. Where is the setting for how long to display?

I just got a text message but nothing on the watch. is there a setting for that?

I am pressing on the button to have it go to the settings but nothing is happening. I thought that was how you do it?

I have an icon that I think is a microphone with a line through it. Whats that about?

Is there a quick way to check my battery level? I did just check it going through settings and about. It has gone from 100 percent to 75 percent in 45 minutes but did just get an update so I am not sure if that is why the battery drained so quickly.

I am shaking my wrist but the watch doesn't come on. I have to tap the button.

sfringer

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
I see where to adjust the brightness but when I look at the watch, it is dimming and and then closing way to early for me. Where is the setting for how long to display?

I don't think there's an option to extend the screen on time.

I just got a text message but nothing on the watch. is there a setting for that?

Make sure Android Wear has access to notifications. Settings>Security>Notification Access

I am pressing on the button to have it go to the settings but nothing is happening. I thought that was how you do it?

You need to hold for ~4 seconds.

I have an icon that I think is a microphone with a line through it. Whats that about?

Where are you seeing this specifically?

Is there a quick way to check my battery level? I did just check it going through settings and about. It has gone from 100 percent to 75 percent in 45 minutes but did just get an update so I am not sure if that is why the battery drained so quickly.

Pull down from the top of the screen while viewing the watch face.

I am shaking my wrist but the watch doesn't come on. I have to tap the button.

I'm guessing you are referencing the "Tilt-to-View" motion? You shouldn't have to shake your wrist, but instead make a very pronounced movement to bring it up like you're looking at it. I find it works ~75% of the time for me.

Scott

Floridadomer

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
Scott,
thank you for taking the time to answer my questions.
I am recharging the watch and doing a hard reset since I just got an update to 5.02. I believe that is the most current version.
I also am going to uninstall all watch apps on my phone and just go with the basic set up for a few days and go through some power cycles to see if the battery life improves.

As far as the time display time out, I did find this app and will give it a try after a few days of charging.
https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...=com.phonephreak.extendedlight&token=ecb9aoVF

I think the icon that I think is a microphone with a line through it was something called Theatre mode?

sfringer

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
You're certainly welcome; and thanks for sharing the link to the StayLit app! Community is AWESOME!

Yep; 5.0.2 is the latest release (for a few weeks anyway).

On my 360, theater mode looks like a light bulb. From your description, it would lead me to think it's related to muting the microphone on the 360. I'm fairly new as well, so I've not stumbled onto that and can't provide any additional insight. Maybe someone else has a thought.

Scott

pistos

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
Florida, Some quick thoughts...

Because you said the watch was in the middle of updating when you were trying to do a lot of these things that you have questions about, some of the trouble may have been because the watch was downloading and installing the update. You may find the watch is much more responsive after the updating is done. Also, the update improves the battery life.

I am thinking the icon with a slash through it may have been a "cloud" icon. If so, it means that the watch has lost connection with your phone. This is normal during the updating process. That should clear up after the update. Sometimes cycling your bluetooth on and off on the phone will clear up the connection problem too.

Finally, make sure you have the Android Wear app installed on your phone. Launch it. Make sure your watch is "connected." Then go into the settings on the Wear app on the phone (press the little gear icon in the upper right corner), and set your preferences as you would like for the watch. That is where you can turn on and off the "Tilt to wake screen" feature for example.

Hope some of that helps.

crxssi

Linux: The power beneath
May 31, 2010
Visit site

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Junkie XL