Android Wear Update - Version 1.1.1.18....

Floridadomer

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
I just received a notification that there is another Android Wear update. The reviews aren't looking so promising, especially for 360 owners. Has anyone ran this update?
Version 1.1.1.1876095

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
I just received a notification that there is another Android Wear update. The reviews aren't looking so promising, especially for 360 owners. Has anyone ran this update?
Version 1.1.1.1876095
You can take a look at user reviews/comments here: https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...gle.android.wearable.app&hl=en&token=YSOf-n6R

According to the page, the following has been updated:
Android Wear OS and companion phone app update with:
- Updated Google Play services
- Bug fixes, security updates, and improved drivers for some watches

Floridadomer

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the link. I guess I wasn't very clear in my question. I had already seen those reviews but was curious if anyone here in these forums had downloaded the update and if so, what kind of experiences they have had so far.

sfringer

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
Floridadomer;

I've got that specific update installed and have a Moto 360; applied it last evening. I have only encountered the "Play Services stopped responding" issue once, shortly after the update. Other than that, I've not noticed anything else causing issue thus far. Battery use doesn't seem impacted in my setup. But I won't commit to it's perfect just yet.

Scott

theduder

May 9, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the link. I guess I wasn't very clear in my question. I had already seen those reviews but was curious if anyone here in these forums had downloaded the update and if so, what kind of experiences they have had so far.
I just got it on my phone. When I get home later today I can see how my Gear Live behaves. I'll report then...

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

radyoactive

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
Not sure if I have had more notifications than yesterday but my battery life isn't anywhere near as good today as it was yesterday.

g2_havok

Sep 27, 2013
Visit site
based on the user comments i read a few days ago, i immediately unchecked auto-update for android wear.

non-statistical peruse of the comments section appear to show 360 users having all kinds of issues. i'm gonna wait a little to see how the android wear update works with the updated firmware when it becomes available.

LowIQ

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
The one thing we should all notice about Android Wear is that it's never been known to be 'INSTANT?' as it seems in everything from getting new 'apps' to even updates to need 'time' for everything to work as stated. it has been one of the first things I noticed over the Tizen smartwatch that I often compare too.. it's not a bad thing?, only requires patience to understand as to why it OS works in that way?
I just added an 'app' yesterday called 'MyRoll' to view my pictures as a gallery on my Moto 360 in similar to the Apple Watch in that took till this morning to work properly and consistently. It's just a Google quirk of 'Wear'...
So far I'm very pleased in how everything works.. only patience for all the balls to settle...

theduder

May 9, 2011
Visit site
Works fine. I enabled cloud sync but I don't expect anything to happen until they push 5.1 to my Gear Live.

crxssi

Linux: The power beneath
May 31, 2010
Visit site
I got the update today. Rebooted the phone a few min after, and rebooted the watch too. But when the watch came back on, it was "Optimizing app 1 of 1" for an extremely long time (5 min???) And I have a lot more than 1 app. Was strange. Plus it gave me the "Google Play Services" error. So after it FINALLY came back up, I rebooted it again and it seem to go through a normal cycle.

Battery drain since has been 3%/hr instead of the normal 2% per hour. But it might need more time to stabilize. We shall see. Otherwise, it seems to be operating correctly with no issues so far (other than what I described).

Sambo41

May 12, 2010
Visit site
I got the update today. Rebooted the phone a few min after, and rebooted the watch too. But when the watch came back on, it was "Optimizing app 1 of 1" for an extremely long time (5 min???) And I have a lot more than 1 app. Was strange. Plus it gave me the "Google Play Services" error. So after it FINALLY came back up, I rebooted it again and it seem to go through a normal cycle.

Battery drain since has been 3%/hr instead of the normal 2% per hour. But it might need more time to stabilize. We shall see. Otherwise, it seems to be operating correctly with no issues so far (other than what I described).

I have this same issue except it has been giving me the errors all day. I hope it works itself out!

crxssi

Linux: The power beneath
May 31, 2010
Visit site
I have this same issue except it has been giving me the errors all day. I hope it works itself out!

I still haven't had any other problems, except the battery drain is still about 3%/hr instead of 2% (and that is a big difference).

TheNexxuvas

Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
Dont update, it bricked my 360. It wont charge, has google services error every 4 seconds, and hangs on device hard reset. Been down for 2 days now and trying my darndest to fix in spare time. This is day 3, still down, it sits on charger and fluctuats between 7% and 19% charge, still freezing at device hard reset and is so hot too. Im not a novice either ive got 10 years of actual device tear down,repair and vender tools software repair and updates behind me.

This update blows.

Posted via Android Central App

LowIQ

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
Have patience as mine now seems to be working properly, I was a bit surprised at first when battery life was so dramatically low?
Seems to have worked itself out as I went an entire day today with a better battery life!, don't know how that is??? as yesterday my battery died at noon!
Don't look at a gift horse in the mouth?

TJ Kelly Jr

Apr 22, 2015
Visit site
Running this same update here, zero issues with it. No sudden battery drain or anything like that and like the fact that the android wear connected status is out of my notification shade!!

Posted via the Android Central App

theduder

May 9, 2011
Visit site
Running this same update here, zero issues with it. No sudden battery drain or anything like that and like the fact that the android wear connected status is out of my notification shade!!

Posted via the Android Central App
It was out of the notification shade on the version of Wear just prior to 1.1 too... I'm actually grateful for that.

hopefulfarm

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site
I'll say it again, i updated, zero issues. Note 4. Not running any crazy apps or watch faces at the moment. In fact the battery is lasting longer than ever.

Rocking the Note 4

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC