New Moto 360 Owner - Just a few questions....

michaelp68

Mar 24, 2011
Visit site
Received my new Moto 360 yesterday. Really like it so far. Glad I purchased it, and at the new sale price, it's a great deal. I'm using it with an HTC One M8 on Verizon, if that matters.

1. When I initiate texting with voice on the 360, and it sends the sms text, I'm not able to find the text I sent on my phone afterward. Is this normal, or is there some setting somewhere I need to find?

I use Chomp for my sms messages on my phone, and if I receive a text, my 360 shows the incoming sms and if I reply, it will show up in Chomp.

The problem is when I initiate sending the text from the 360.

2. Battery life seems pretty good so far. I started using it at around 8:00 a.m. this morning and at about 2:00 p.m., I'm down to about 68%. That had some fairly heavy use with incoming texts and emails and frequent looks because it's new and I like looking at it. I've not used ambient mode.

I read that using more customized and downloaded watch faces, the battery will be used faster. Is this still the case, and can someone give me an idea of how much faster? Also, the battery use I experienced today, day #1, is it fairly normal, hi or low?

3. This one is more complex. I have two different google accounts on my phone. Both are used. The one tied to the Play store is NOT the one that I use for Google Now.

Will the 360 show the Now cards for whichever is active on the phone, or only for the account registered in the Play store? If anyone knows, just wondering.

4. Is there a way to adjust how long the screen stays active before it dims to off or ambient?

5. Also, any current information about how much more the battery is used when ambient is active?

6. I've put very little on the new 360, wanting to get a feel for it for at least a week or more. But what are the recommendations for "don't wait, do it now" sorts of things?

Thank you for all of the input and answers.

TJ Kelly Jr

Apr 22, 2015
Visit site
Received my new Moto 360 yesterday. Really like it so far. Glad I purchased it, and at the new sale price, it's a great deal. I'm using it with an HTC One M8 on Verizon, if that matters.

1. When I initiate texting with voice on the 360, and it sends the sms text, I'm not able to find the text I sent on my phone afterward. Is this normal, or is there some setting somewhere I need to find?

I use Chomp for my sms messages on my phone, and if I receive a text, my 360 shows the incoming sms and if I reply, it will show up in Chomp.

The problem is when I initiate sending the text from the 360.

2. Battery life seems pretty good so far. I started using it at around 8:00 a.m. this morning and at about 2:00 p.m., I'm down to about 68%. That had some fairly heavy use with incoming texts and emails and frequent looks because it's new and I like looking at it. I've not used ambient mode.

I read that using more customized and downloaded watch faces, the battery will be used faster. Is this still the case, and can someone give me an idea of how much faster? Also, the battery use I experienced today, day #1, is it fairly normal, hi or low?

3. This one is more complex. I have two different google accounts on my phone. Both are used. The one tied to the Play store is NOT the one that I use for Google Now.

Will the 360 show the Now cards for whichever is active on the phone, or only for the account registered in the Play store? If anyone knows, just wondering.

4. Is there a way to adjust how long the screen stays active before it dims to off or ambient?

5. Also, any current information about how much more the battery is used when ambient is active?

6. I've put very little on the new 360, wanting to get a feel for it for at least a week or more. But what are the recommendations for "don't wait, do it now" sorts of things?

Thank you for all of the input and answers.

1) Not sure why it wouldn't show up, does on my phone but I don't use chomp, try force closing chomp and then try again. Also, look at stock messenger and see if they appear there, might be an issue with chomp seeing them.

2) Mine today off at 7 am, now 4 pm at 74%. So yours isn't far off, especially for first day. Give it a few days to settle in.

As for watch faces, all depends on complexity and account of stuff it checks, plus program used to make it I think. I use 2-3% typically on stock, created my own and I use 3-4%, I've downloaded done that used 7-10%. All per hour.

3) Not sure, don't have this setup.

4) on custom, I think so, on stock not that I'm aware.

5) Not that I've seen, best to try trial and error, I don't use ambient currently.

6) calendar, keep, find my phone, watch membership and wear mini launcher.

Posted via the Android Central App

crxssi

Linux: The power beneath
May 31, 2010
Visit site
Answered in existing threads: 1, 2, 4

3: I have no idea :(

5: Quantitative? No. But expect it to use a lot more.

6: Not really. Although I am really stuck on WatchMaker now. I love Wear Mini Launcher and absolutely love Attopedia.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21