I use textra and only get notifications on my moto. Time to switch? Doing something wrong?

Rocking the Note 4
    05-28-2015 10:51 PM
    Well I found buried in settings a way to see them. Answered my own question.

Rocking the Note 4
    05-28-2015 11:27 PM
    Spend the money on Wear messenger. Well worth it!
    06-01-2015 01:16 PM
    I use Google Messenger on my phone and I am able to read and respond to text messages on my 360 no problem. Works great.
    06-01-2015 03:11 PM
    Well I found buried in settings a way to see them. Answered my own question.

Rocking the Note 4
    I'm only getting notifications as well using Textra. I assumed it was because I have Textra set to only show the contact, not any of the actual message for notification. Is there a way to see the message on my 360, and still keep the message preview off my phone?
    06-01-2015 03:29 PM
    I'm only getting notifications as well using Textra. I assumed it was because I have Textra set to only show the contact, not any of the actual message for notification. Is there a way to see the message on my 360, and still keep the message preview off my phone?
    A little bit off from you question and not sure about textra but if you have notifications set up for your lock screen, wear messenger has a setting to dismiss it but only for your lock screen and thus it'll dismiss the led notifications on your phone as well. Although when you go to your messages on your home screen it still shows unread messages. Wish it dismissed it there as well. Maybe in a future update.
    06-01-2015 03:51 PM
    Spend the money on Wear messenger. Well worth it!
    I've just been reading about it. Looks pretty nice. Sounds like it works with 3rd party messaging apps, but textra isn't mentioned. I have no problem paying 2 bucks if it works though.
    06-01-2015 04:50 PM
    I've just been reading about it. Looks pretty nice. Sounds like it works with 3rd party messaging apps, but textra isn't mentioned. I have no problem paying 2 bucks if it works though.
    Been using it for a few days now and it works quite well. Great features and that flickkey keyboard really works good being on such a small screen. When I first downloaded it, it seemed like it was slowing my watch down and getting a black screen and the watch wasn't responding. This seems to be the theme with some apps but I just chalk it up to the phone still syncing with the watch. After the first 30 min. all was great and is still working well if not better then the first day.
    06-02-2015 12:01 PM
    I'm sure you know this but for anyone reading it that was searching like I was, here's the setting:

I went to Settings - Defaults for Notifications. Scroll down toward the bottom and check the box that says "Show Message Text" to turn on the message being sent to your watch.

As far as muting the notifications on your phone I think the Android Wear app on the phone does that but it will mute ALL notifications on the phone and send them solely to the watch.

Correct me please if I am incorrect.
    06-02-2015 01:31 PM
    Or you can use 8sms- I have been using it for ages and get all my text message notifications to my 360 and can respond to them via voice (or just mark them as "read").
    06-02-2015 05:51 PM
    I'm sure you know this but for anyone reading it that was searching like I was, here's the setting:

I went to Settings - Defaults for Notifications. Scroll down toward the bottom and check the box that says "Show Message Text" to turn on the message being sent to your watch.

As far as muting the notifications on your phone I think the Android Wear app on the phone does that but it will mute ALL notifications on the phone and send them solely to the watch.

Correct me please if I am incorrect.
    I was hoping there was a way to keep the actual message contents out of the notification on my phone, but tap on the watch to read. If that makes any sense. I guess it's not possible.
    06-02-2015 06:16 PM
    Or you can use 8sms- I have been using it for ages and get all my text message notifications to my 360 and can respond to them via voice (or just mark them as "read").
    I always get the notifications. The problem is I have Textra set up to only show the person texting and none of the message contents. I was just hoping for a setting I could tap the unread message on my 360 to open the message. I guess I have to either put up with not seeing the message contents on my watch, or risk a private message being accidentally seen by others on my phone. I have no idea if I'm explaining that correctly.
    06-02-2015 06:19 PM
    As I have been following this discussion, I am unclear why people feel the need install an app on the 360 for reading and responding to text messages. Isn't this a feature built into Android Wear? Or am I missing something here? I am using all stock Google stuff and I am able to read and respond and create text messages on my watch with no problem.
    06-03-2015 05:29 PM
    As I have been following this discussion, I am unclear why people feel the need install an app on the 360 for reading and responding to text messages. Isn't this a feature built into Android Wear? Or am I missing something here? I am using all stock Google stuff and I am able to read and respond and create text messages on my watch with no problem.
    It's mostly about people that use 3rd party messaging apps instead of stock texting apps. I have no problems reading/replying to texts as long as I have my messaging app to show the message on notifications (I have mine set to contact only). I was just hoping for a setting to view the message on my watch, but still only have the contact show on my phone.
    06-03-2015 05:56 PM
    Stock app is limited where as the wear messenger app lets me do more. If I'm on the go or out in public and don't want to speak to the watch I can use the wear messenger app discretely. Even create my new messages with the built in keyboard flickkey.
    06-04-2015 12:50 PM
    It's mostly about people that use 3rd party messaging apps instead of stock texting apps. I have no problems reading/replying to texts as long as I have my messaging app to show the message on notifications (I have mine set to contact only). I was just hoping for a setting to view the message on my watch, but still only have the contact show on my phone.
    Why don't you send a request in to the Textra developers? Won't hurt!
    06-04-2015 01:15 PM
    I can read and respond via my watch...once I turned on the ability to read the messages on my watch through the third party app software.
    06-04-2015 01:16 PM
    Why don't you send a request in to the Textra developers? Won't hurt!
    I've been thinking about it. It's weird that when you have it set to not show message contents I still have the option to reply on my 360 even though I can't read what the text says.
    06-04-2015 04:55 PM
    Can somebody please help me out with this? Im in a dilemma wich one to buy:the moto 360,the Lg G or the sony smartwatch(1,2,3).my primary Nd only use for the smartwatch is to be able to read LONG,MULTIPLE TEXT MESSAGES IN A THREAD..plus i prefer to use my network carrier nd not any hangout or be dependable on the internet at all..and i need the watch to be on "always on" mode WITHOUT vibration or any noise from the watch..which one would is preferable for my purpose and with which phone will it work best with?
    07-28-2015 10:06 AM
    Can somebody please help me out with this? Im in a dilemma wich one to buy:the moto 360,the Lg G or the sony smart watch 1,2,3.my primary Nd only use for the smartwatch is to be able to read LONG,MULTIPLE TEXT MESSAGES IN A THREAD..plus i prefer to use my network carrier nd not any hangout or be dependable on the internet at all..and i need the watch to be on "always on" mode WITHOUT vibration or any noise from the watch..which one would is preferable for my purpose and with which phone will it work best with?
    07-28-2015 10:09 AM
    If you are looking for a watch to remain always on, your battery will only last a few hours. (assuming you are looking at Android wear). In regards to text, try any of the watches... You typically should have 15-30 days to test drive. If it doesn't work, return it.
    07-30-2015 06:25 AM
    Can somebody please help me out with this? Im in a dilemma wich one to buy:the moto 360,the Lg G or the sony smart watch 1,2,3.my primary Nd only use for the smartwatch is to be able to read LONG,MULTIPLE TEXT MESSAGES IN A THREAD..plus i prefer to use my network carrier nd not any hangout or be dependable on the internet at all..and i need the watch to be on "always on" mode WITHOUT vibration or any noise from the watch..which one would is preferable for my purpose and with which phone will it work best with?
    If you want the display always ON forget about it. Battery will not last through the day.
    Otherwise any of the watches will work fine to read your messages.
    07-30-2015 10:57 AM
    H,

I have just seen your posts, i am also having the same issue with textra.
    I installed Textra as i think it is the best messaging app, however on my smart watch it doesnt show the message, only the contact name.

Did you ever find a way around this??

Thanks
    02-24-2016 04:07 AM