Moto360: Disconnect weirdness

SuperNoctem

May 8, 2013
Visit site
My Moto360 is misbehaving badly the last few days, and I don't know what could have caused this.

Behaviour:
At random intervals (kinda), the watch reports that it is disconnected from the phone ( S4 ). I'm using Wear Mini Launcher. Stock watch face.

Ideas about why it's doing it:
- There is some issue between the wear app, bluetooth and the watch.
- Whenever my phone switches between WiFi and HSDPA, this happens. But I've seen it happen when I'm only on HSDPA.

I've tried resetting the watch, restating it, and resyncing all apps, restarting phone, restarting bluetooth (in random order of these)

Could this purely be a connection issue for the phone? Why would the watch and phone disconnect if the phone loses internet connection? Has anyone else experienced this, and how did you fix it?

Floridadomer

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
Did you update Android Wear recently? It is very buggy and causing havoc on a lot of people's watches. I haven't installed it for that reason.

SuperNoctem

May 8, 2013
Visit site
Yeah, unfortunately I did. I'll try to get the previous apk somewhere, maybe that will fix it.

Sent from my Galaxy S4 (Hassan ROM) in the T.A.R.D.I.S.

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
I installed a new Wear update this morning. All was working fine until a few minutes ago. Now the damn thing won't connect to save my life. Think I may try a factory reset on the watch.

TJ Kelly Jr

Apr 22, 2015
Visit site
I installed a new Wear update this morning. All was working fine until a few minutes ago. Now the damn thing won't connect to save my life. Think I may try a factory reset on the watch.

Reboot phone, reboot watch, while watch is rebooting turn off connect to watch on your phone. once the watch is back up turn on connect to watch then hit connect, works for me almost every time.

Posted via the Android Central App

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
Reboot phone, reboot watch, while watch is rebooting turn off connect to watch on your phone. once the watch is back up turn on connect to watch then hit connect, works for me almost every time.

Posted via the Android Central App

I talked to Motorola support, and they ended up having me reset the watch. I did everything you suggested, but in a different order than what you suggested so it didn't work for me. If it happens again, I'll try your order. They gave me the option of sending it in for a replacement because I just received it Wednesday. I'm thinking about sending it back either way just in case it's not the Android Wear update. Gonna give it through the weekend and see what happens.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781