Sent it back

laddie79

Dec 10, 2012
Visit site
Well after 5 days with the 360 I've taken it back to the shop and had it refunded as I cannot put up with the terrible battery.

Many people say it's not that bad--+ it is.

It barely lasted 10 hours when only using it for notifications and voice replies and when using it whilst driving with Maps I barely got 4 hours out of it. It just isn't practical and I cannot bring myself to pack a charger for a watch that has 'all day battery'.

I actually liked the device. Looks and feels great but Android Wear still needs a lot of development. I regularly found myself reaching for my phone regardless of having the 360 as well as turning it off for a couple hours when I knew I was out all day. That isn't right.

I'm not hating on it, I just wish it was so much better. Maybe I'll buy the next one.

The difficulties in upgrades in software also make me think the 360 may be redundant by the end of the year.

I really hope Motorola smack us out of the park with the second edition . I know people love it, I would if I could but this first iteration is kind of disappointing.

Fingers crossed for the moto 360/2

dungoyle

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
If I understand your post correctly, one of your requirements is that you need a smart watch that will give you 4 hours of navigation data. If that's the case, then you will regretfully have to wait a few generations until fine tuning and battery technology catches up to your expectations. My Moto 360 typically lasts me between 22 and 26 hours depending upon usage, but I will admit, I almost never use it for navigation. Also, some watch faces are horrible for battery life, and some watches are just lemons for battery life.

I realize that you are not ranting or hating on the Moto, and I hope you do find something down the road that meets your expectations.

JimSmith94

Oct 3, 2011
Visit site
I barely got three hours of navigation on my 360 before the battery was dead. Last weekend, my LG Urbane navigated for three hours and still had 64% left. I suspect it has more to do with the Urbane running 5.1.1, but at least it can be done.

dungoyle

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
I barely got three hours of navigation on my 360 before the battery was dead. Last weekend, my LG Urbane navigated for three hours and still had 64% left. I suspect it has more to do with the Urbane running 5.1.1, but at least it can be done.
Wow. That's pretty impressive.

Moto-Edge

Jun 3, 2015
Visit site
New lithium cells need to "break in" a bit before reaching their full potential, via a few charge/discharge cycles. I've noticed my battery has improved exponentially since day one. It's been about 5 days for me as well, but I'm impressed with its 300 mAh longevity at this point in its life.

df79transam

Sep 17, 2010
Visit site
I just received my third one 6/12, this will be my third time giving the moto 360 another try. I have a low monthly income, the first two I tried, I didn't keep long because I felt so bad buying something when I knew I had other necessities that needed taken care of first. I finally got those things out of the way, and the other day I ordered a stone colored one from the Google store, and it came in this past Friday.

With those necessities out of the way, I am kind of enjoying this watch, and finding maybe I can fit it into my life. The battery has lasted about 12 to 13 hours a day but I have been learning to use it fully. I am finding the heart rate feature on this watch seems to work a little better than the last two I owned. I have been just asking random questions about things, and Google now seems to work better than the second one I tried, every now and then, it will misunderstand a word and I have to be quick to cancel the message before it sends it.

Just yesterday I tried taking an old route I have not taken in a while and I got a little lost, I asked the watch to navigate to a highway I wanted to reach, and WOW! This I find neat, I think this is better than GPS, I like it vibrates to get your attention before approaching your upcoming turn, really neat.

I hope the battery life improves just like what I've been reading from the members in the forum, even though I charge my phone every night, having to put this watch on a charger doesn't bother me to bad, that is if it makes it until I go to bed.

Posted via the Android Central App

SeanBlader

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
The only time my release day 360 has a problem getting through the day is when I'm on an endurance bike ride, then it tracking my heart rate will cause it to drain in about 5 hours. Otherwise I have no problem ending a day with at least 50% remaining.

Sent from my SHIELD Tablet using Tapatalk

hopefulfarm

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site
The watch face you use really make a huge difference on battery. Some free watch faces are battery killers.

When I drive I put the watch into theater mode because I drive a manual tranny and the face always lights up even when I don't need it to simply with my driving. It's so fast and easy to put it into theater mode.

I've had the watch for several months and still am finding new uses for it. I wish Motorola would get 5.1 rolled out. That's a major disappointment to me.