Help Please

df79transam

Sep 17, 2010
Visit site
I don't understand IP addresses, but I looked on the watch and I looked at the IP address on my phone and they are different, I have no understanding as I said about IP addresses. on the watch the last 3 digits read 104 and the last three digits of the IP address on my phone read 105. Not sure if this is why my watchs WiFi doesnt want to work.

They call them there things phones, will I'll be.

itguyjax8430

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
I don't understand IP addresses, but I looked on the watch and I looked at the IP address on my phone and they are different, I have no understanding as I said about IP addresses. on the watch the last 3 digits read 104 and the last three digits of the IP address on my phone read 105. Not sure if this is why my watchs WiFi doesnt want to work.

Do you have the Wifi turned on on your 360?

df79transam

Sep 17, 2010
Visit site
Do you have the Wifi turned on on your 360?

Yes, and its showing that it has a WiFi signal. For the life of me, I can not get it to function like it should. The Bluetooth connection between the watch and phone work finally.

I factory reset the watch again this morning and nothing. I factory rest it last night and didn't work then. The WiFi was one of the things I was looking forward to.

df79transam

Sep 17, 2010
Visit site
I see my contacts are synced on the watch, that maybe through Bluetooth. Google now, I asked about the weather, it sits for a few seconds with the red g and then flips up and says offline, no its not, its getting a WiFi signal. You try and send a text verbally, same thing, it hears nothing and then screen comes up and says offline

itguyjax8430

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
I see my contacts are synced on the watch, that maybe through Bluetooth. Google now, I asked about the weather, it sits for a few seconds with the red g and then flips up and says offline, no its not, its getting a WiFi signal. You try and send a text verbally, same thing, it hears nothing and then screen comes up and says offline

Welcome to Android Central!

i would just turn wifi off and see if that fixes it.

GC736

Jul 29, 2010
Visit site

That is normal. The last 3 (usually the last 1) will be different on all devices on the network. Think of it like addresses on a street. The first 3 sets of numbers are like the street name, and the last 3 numbers are rhee address. If they were all the same address, how would the mailman know where to deliver the mail?

That said, there may be an issue with the firewall blocking communication between the watch and phone.

From my Galaxy S6

df79transam

Sep 17, 2010
Visit site
Still nothing, I put it on the charger and went and drove my jeep around, the heck with it for now.

Posted via the Android Central App

df79transam

Sep 17, 2010
Visit site
That is normal. The last 3 (usually the last 1) will be different on all devices on the network. Think of it like addresses on a street. The first 3 sets of numbers are like the street name, and the last 3 numbers are rhee address. If they were all the same address, how would the mailman know where to deliver the mail?

That said, there may be an issue with the firewall blocking communication between the watch and phone.

From my Galaxy S6

I'm going to have to call my provider I guess, thank you

Posted via the Android Central App

df79transam

Sep 17, 2010
Visit site
I tried switching phones, and what do you know, the WiFi function on the watch started working. It's a little slow but at least it works, now I just wish I could figure out why the watch doesn't wanna work with my daily driver phone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ThatDude