I've had a Moto 360 since yesterday and I installed Android Wear, Moto Connect, and the Android Wear 5.1.1 update for the watch.

Since doing this my Samsung Galaxy S6 running Android 5.1.1 has been running both sluggish and hot. Very hot. Everything takes an extra few seconds to happen, including going home when pressing the Home button. Sometimes it hangs for 10 seconds. Plus my battery is taking a hit, with Google Play Services using 25% of my battery.

I uninstalled the Android Wear App and. Moto Connect, rebooted, and the phone runs normally again.

Now I've reinstalled Android Wear
    and I am back to sluggish again. Anyone else notice a hit in phone performance when having android wear installed?

Could it be better cause I am using Google Fit? Plus I cannot figure out how to remove or disable the Motorola fitness tracker either...

Posted via the Android Central App
    06-24-2015 08:08 PM
    Hmm. Yes. My phone is a rock. I may try that, but if reinstalling AW brings it back...

Ugg.

Rocking the Samsung Note 4
    06-24-2015 08:54 PM
    Yes I think I am experiencing this too. Note 4 was fine until I recently added Android wear, note really slow and choppy, leading to full 5 to 10 sec waits on app loading. Or is it just the fit app as you suggest, I will uninstall fit...
    06-25-2015 07:14 PM
    My Moto X 2013 has never been slowed down by Android wear. I got my watch last September and have never noticed any difference in performance. It's still snappy and fast as ever.

Posted via Android Central App from a beautiful Ebony backed Original Moto X or the amazing Nexus 10
    06-25-2015 10:28 PM
    >Has Android Wear slowed down your phone?

Nexus 5. No. Although it did add some to the battery drain. Not using anything fitness related and turned that all off on the watch.
    06-25-2015 11:59 PM
    I have a htc one m8. It hasn't been impacted by battery or performance issues with Android wear it reports as 2.6% used in my gsam battery usage monitor app.

06-26-2015 12:24 AM
    I also have a One M8 and have experienced both a hit to battery life and freezes/slowness since getting my 360 and installing Android Wear and Moto Connect, and having Bluetooth on all the time (never had it on before I got the watch). So, it's got to be one or more of these factors causing the slow downs and drain for me but I haven't checked what's the biggest culprit. Still love my watch though.
    06-26-2015 07:19 AM
    After the last Android Wear update, things seemed to have stabilized. I am noticing less lag.
    08-18-2015 08:16 AM
    I use my 360 with my Moto Droid Turbo 64G. No issues that I have noticed.
    08-19-2015 06:41 AM
    I have exactly the results on a Samsung Galaxy S4 phone - very good (fast) response without android wear installed, but abysmal with it installed.
    At times the response is so slow that it is not possible to type an 8-character password to log in without the phone timing out.
    My previous battery life is a thing of the past - the android stuff uses up a huge chunk of processor time AND battery life. In the best case, there is still a noticable lag, but performance is still bearable. (This is a 32GB phone with - worst case - about 70% of memory in use, so I don't think the problem is paging, or other 'not-enough-memory' issues.)

FWIW my watch is a Mororola 360 with the latest o/s update installed.

Uninstalling the android apps (both "Android Wear" and the "Android Wear Center") on the phone restores the previous behavior and battery life.
    I'd say it was the age of the phone (or the brand, etc.) but I have 2 friends with exactly the same experience: one has a Samsung galaxy S6 phone and the other a Motorola phone (model unknown).

Has anyone found a solution?
    08-22-2015 11:12 AM
    My HTC One M8 was having the same problems. I disabled the Android Wear app from the App Manager and restarted my phone and it's back to normal. Figure I'll just re-enable the app when I need to sync back up. I've got a Sony Smartwatch 3 and mostly use it for standalone exercising, so it isn't too big of a deal to not have it synced to my phone at all times.

Update: Disabling the app only increased performance momentarily. Having it installed at all still makes the HTC One M8 nearly unusable.
    10-03-2015 11:34 AM
    Has someone found a solution yet? I just got my Moto 360 and my Samsung Galaxy Note 4 is really really slow after installing Android Wear. I've been using Pebble for a year, and the phone has been really quick during that time. But as soon as I installed Android Wear, my phone takes forever to do anything. All the symptoms already described here..
    10-03-2015 11:39 AM
    Just to follow up, I have since gotten a Moto X Pure Edition, and Android Wear doesn't appear to affect that phone at all - runs smooth as silk. So from my perspective, it does seem to not agree with some phones but is fine with others.
    10-03-2015 06:05 PM
    With my Note 5 and Zenwatch2 I notice a serious hit to the phones battery but it doesn't seem any slower. It's rather frustrating how fast the battery runs down now when it had phenomenal battery life before. I put my phone in my bag and by lunch time it lost 25% without even using it. That's ridiculous.

12-02-2015 05:04 PM