Horrible battery life

motorcycle_monkey

Feb 27, 2012
Visit site
So, over the course of the last 2 weeks, after 5.1.1, I have had drastic battery loss randomly. This morning was the worst yet. In the past, I would catch it by the time it got to ~80%. Today, I had Theater Mode on since I took it off the charger around 6am. By 9am, it was at 14%. I looked at the batter information in Android Wear on my phone and it was Android Wear that killed my battery. Found the article below about it. Anyone else having this issue?

Google Acknowledges Android Wear 5.1.1 Bug Causing Battery Drain Issues : PERSONAL TECH : Tech Times

Cheers!

Jul 8, 2015
Visit site
sometimes the batteries are deffective and you have a 45% of status and after a sec, device off.. nothing to do.

If that is happening that try to replace your battery

Amyshubby

Mar 15, 2010
Visit site
My new 360 only lasted from 9am to 12...first day if use! I'm not happy to say the least! Had a paperweight on my wrist all day!

I had that on my first day as well. Turns out, the watch was searching for a WiFi signal where I work. I turned off WiFi and have made it to 7pm with 30% every day, which is perfect for me.

Posted via Android Central App

scrapmanson

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
Oh yeah that would help... I can't seem to find where to shut wifi off.... Under settings wifi... There's no off switch... It just goes into the wifi thays available and under advanced just when to go onto battery save...

Amyshubby

Mar 15, 2010
Visit site
Under settings and WiFi you will see something that says "WiFi automatic". Just press that and it should turn the WiFi off.

Posted via Android Central App

mindshadow

Nov 19, 2014
Visit site
The battery life improves dramatically for the moto 360 with 5.1.1 if you turn off wifi sync in android wear app on your phone

Posted via the Android Central App

LeSaint

Jun 10, 2013
Visit site
Can someone explain to me the difference between having wifi on or off. I don't quite understand what is the use for wifi. Do I really need it if I always have my phone with me when I'm wearing my watch?

LowIQ

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
When you notice bad battery life... it is usually a recently downloaded update on an app? or a new app?
But this new one from Google Acknowledges Android Wear 5.1.1 Bug Causing Battery Drain Issues is a BIG ONE!
I guess we have no choice but to wait for Google to fix it??

TheOpusFuller

May 28, 2010
www.Germanity.com
Running lollipop on my Note 4 and running the newest update on my new moto 360. I get superb battery life. I have every notification on and the backlight set to the highest (5). I looked and my battery drained only 5% in the last 4 hours. I did notice when I had certain watch faces on from the app store it killed my battery. Do you have a custom downloaded watch face installed? That might be the culprit of why you're losing battery.

I just got my Moto 360 for 119 and it was delivered yesterday. I have another one that shipped two days ago that has a black bezel that should get here on the 17th. I didn't mean to order the first one that delivered yesterday, my credit card kept denying my order and I guess one of them went through and processed. So I currently have a silver bezel and a black bezel on the way. I was going to send the silver bezel back but I hit the craps table yesterday and won about 200 bucks which pays for both of these watches almost. So I think I'm just going to keep both of them now. Have a better selection to go with outfits....

hopefulfarm

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site
I did a factory reset of 360, uninstalled AW and moto connect from my Note 4. Rebooted the phone. Reinstalled both apps and reconnected the 360. Battery life is back to fabulous.

Yes, it was a total pain. It worked. :/

Rocking the Note 4

motorcycle_monkey

Feb 27, 2012
Visit site
I did a factory reset of 360, uninstalled AW and moto connect from my Note 4. Rebooted the phone. Reinstalled both apps and reconnected the 360. Battery life is back to fabulous.

Yes, it was a total pain. It worked. :/

Rocking the Note 4

I may have to try this. Happened twice over the weekend. Caught it early today and rebooted the watch, been normal ever since.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc