Tilt to wake flakey

wrmoore47

Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
Can someone give me the secret to making tilt-to-wake work reliably? I guess that it works maybe 50% of the time. I've tried turning on wrist gestures, but can't see any difference. Turning on ambient mode does seem to help some, but my battery won't last the day that way. I was going to post this yesterday, so I sat down and tilted my wrist repeatedly with various wait times between, from 10 seconds to 45 seconds, and I couldn't get it to fail! But when I actually want to see the time, it's totally unreliable.

I love all the stuff I can do with the 360, and I like it's look and feel, but it needs to be a watch first and foremost, and if I can't see the time at a glance without using my other hand, it's not what I want!

Randy

Penguwin

VR Expert
Nov 15, 2013
Visit site
Sadly, I have experienced this issue as well. It's, as you say, unreliable... Sometimes it works perfectly, other times it ignores you and is just unresponsive.

I'm sorry to report, I have found no true fix for this :( .

ETPhoneHomeT

Aug 1, 2013
Visit site
I don't use tilt to wake but in the past when I have used it, I've found that I have to raise my arm to eye level and tilt the watch toward me. I think Motorola actually toned down the sensitivity of this feature because before it would wake the phone more easily...but it would also cause faster battery drain.

wrmoore47

Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
I realized there was a combination of settings I hadn't tried. Tilt-to-wake off and ambient mode on. That is working. In 11.5 hours since charge and 49% left on the 360 battery. I'm using Pujie Black and have only digital hours/minutes in the largest, boldest font for ambient mode and except in direct, bright sun, it's adequately visible. When I want to see the normal face, I don't mind punching the button on the watch.