Solution for Moto 360/Google Play Services problem

Doom878

Mar 14, 2013
Visit site
I did the above steps a few weeks ago and it was working fine with the latest Watch software and Android Wear. Last night I left the watch to charge and now it won't connect as I had turned off my Bluetooth off before bed (which I always do) and turned back on this morning. The Wear app doesn't find the watch but the watch still shows my calendar alerts for today. I noticed Android updated Wear a few days ago so I was wondering if I had to do all of the above AGAIN or wait for a Wear fix.

jsaxon100

Oct 29, 2015
Visit site
I’m absolutely amazed by Motorola failing to look after their ‘early adopter’s’ customers. How will the average (not very computer literate) buyer go?
I brought the MOTO360 watch in Feb 2015 and it paired perfectly until early Oct, then the first Update to Android Wear (or something) lost the connection – I managed (eventually to recover it) by turning on Wi-Fi to make a connection to my Network (as well as the factory reset etc.). Then a couple of weeks later (about a week ago) another update (or something) lost the connection again. Since then it’s been stuck in trying to pair and of course not even time was available. Overall a couple of weeks without even being able to tell the time…..
I was reluctant to download the old APK Android Wear software and tried the MOTO customer ‘live’ support help. They could not help and “Escalated” the problem higher up (presumably into the stratosphere) nothing heard back after 2-3 weeks.
However now I will follow all the great advice on this forum and install the old Android Wear App and so wish me luck!
Happy Days – JohnS in fine Springtime Canberra

jsaxon100

Oct 29, 2015
Visit site
A day later:
I tried re-verting the Android Wear APP 3 times, going progressively further back. I am now back to Version 1.0.5.1776415 on my Android 4.4.2 Chinese phone (Nothing wrong with the phone – it was connected O.K. for 7 months originally). This version of the Android Wear App can’t see any Bluetooth devices.
With the versions that could see Bluetooth the phone ‘saw’ the watch as Moto 360 8409 device O.K. Do all the MOTO360 watches have that same 8409 number?
But most importantly at no stage did either the watch or the phone receive/display the 4 digit pairing numbers. So naturally pairing failed with the now very familiar phone error message “Couldn’t pair with Moto 360 8409 because of an incorrect PIN or passkey”.
What are these extra numbers for? How/why/where are they generated? It seems very difficult to fault find if we haven’t the slightest idea of why or how.
If this type of performance was needed to set up a Bluetooth hands free phone in a car there would be no customers for those devives once the word got around.
I’d really appreciate advice on how this is supposed to work – not much point in another “this setup procedure worked for me”.
Despondent Moto360 owner – JohnS in fine Springtime Canberra

Mike Majeski

Oct 31, 2013
Visit site
Just to clarify, is this the case with every OG Moto360? Just saw that Google has it on sale for $99. However, sounds like there are a few hoops to jump through when you are initially setting up.

rohanbhangui

Nov 24, 2015
Visit site
Thanks very much, this seems to do the trick just to add to your solution. Restarting your phone after downloading the apk might be required. For some reason I couldnt open it unless I did that.

CutlaSS

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
I Had 4.4.4 On my Rooted MotoX and finally flashed a mostly stock 5.1 rom...Well after a week or 2 of setting it up and installing apps I tried to connect my watch...which had 1.4 android wear on it and 5.1.1 OS ......and nothing i did worked. I did read about downgrading android wear and google play services...So I did that and the watch finally stayed connected only after I installed a really old 1.0 version of android wear and uninstalled all updates of google play services....The watch is downloading the update now....Hope we're good to go to flash Marshmallow on the phone after the watch behaves...
Thank you for this.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
linda6969