Moto 360 won't stay connected

Josh Wood1

Oct 27, 2013
Visit site
I have received a original moto 360 from best buy and I have tried to keep it connected to my phone. Everything on my phone is updated but the watch is not. It is on 4.4w.2. If I manage to reset the watch and forget watch on android wear, it starts to work when I re-pair them, but only for 3-5 minutes. I am on the edge of smashing it.

Posted via the Android Central App

Elijah Lynn

Aug 24, 2015
Visit site
Same here, had this for like a year now and recently it stopped connecting. Only work around I found so far was to connect watch with wifi, then it makes me somewhat sane. But then it turns into a dumb watch when there is no wifi. I am also on the edge of smashing mine and leaving it behind. Pair that with a faulty Nexus 6 that crashes at least once a day and I am on the verge of just switching to Ubuntu Phone.

p.s. Been on Android since HTC Hero, long time.

Peter LaMontagne

Apr 21, 2013
Visit site
I dont know if you ever found a solution to this but this worked for me:
Download a really old version of the android wear app off of apkmirror.com and use it to pair the watch. After this let the watch update to the newest version then you are able to update the app. Hope this helps.

aburman1

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
Peter is right. Use an old version of AW. Something from around April. Do a Factory reset on the watch and when it asks to download AW use the older version which you can get from apk Mirror. Then continue pairing the phone and finish the watch and phone sync. Make sure you have the latest software version on the watch. Just check about watch on the watch. Do not upgrade to the latest version of AW or your problem will return. The watch works perfectly with the old AW. Just follow the sticky in this forum right above this post but don't upgrade AW to the latest version or you will have the problem back.

jojoe42

Sep 14, 2015
Visit site
Same here, had this for like a year now and recently it stopped connecting. Only work around I found so far was to connect watch with wifi, then it makes me somewhat sane. But then it turns into a dumb watch when there is no wifi. I am also on the edge of smashing mine and leaving it behind. Pair that with a faulty Nexus 6 that crashes at least once a day and I am on the verge of just switching to Ubuntu Phone.

p.s. Been on Android since HTC Hero, long time.

If you're on Marshmallow, try the steps taken in this thread:
https://productforums.google.com/fo...er#!msg/android-wear/aYbkvog6DCI/uxuYefxdAwAJ

I followed all the steps recommended (reinitialising the AW environment and disabling battery optimisations for the AW app and Moto Connect) and it seems to have solved the issue. AW team is aware of the issue and have reached out to some users to collect bug reports, so at least they know about it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34