Marshmallow disconnects with the Moto 360

jojoe42

Sep 14, 2015
Visit site
Hi All,

Just paired the Moto 360 (1st gen) to my new Nexus 6P, and now it keeps disconnecting from my phone and will never reconnect. I've searched around and found a few other threads, but with no real fix (factory resets, clearing the cache/uninstalling and unpairing all don't work):

https://www.reddit.com/r/AndroidWear/comments/3ny48s/moto_360_wont_pair_after_flashing_marshmallow/?

https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!topic/android-wear/aYbkvog6DCI

Anyone else getting this as well?

Edit: I had it paired previously to another device running 4.4 and that always reconnected when I came back into range, so it's definitely not the watch

aburman1

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
It appears the latest versions of AW have this connecting problem, I had it with my Moto 360 V2 running Android 5.1.1. Look at the sticky in this forum about the connection problem You need to use an earlier version of AW. I tried this method and am using AW 1.1.1.189083 and it works. You must also stop automatic app updates or AW will update to the new version and the problem comes back. You can get the older AW apk on Android Mirror.
Give it a try.

jojoe42

Sep 14, 2015
Visit site
It appears the latest versions of AW have this connecting problem, I had it with my Moto 360 V2 running Android 5.1.1. Look at the sticky in this forum about the connection problem You need to use an earlier version of AW. I tried this method and am using AW 1.1.1.189083 and it works. You must also stop automatic app updates or AW will update to the new version and the problem comes back. You can get the older AW apk on Android Mirror.
Give it a try.

The weird thing is that even running the latest AW app on my other 4.4 device, I never had this disconnect issue.

aburman1

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
I didn't have a problem for about 2 weeks and then it started. With the older version of AW everything works fine and I don't see any disadvantage. Just make sure that the watch has the latest software version. After everything was working for a few days, I updated AW and sure enough the problem returned. so it is repeatable. I spoke to Moto customer support and they are aware the problem.

Alex

jojoe42

Sep 14, 2015
Visit site
I didn't have a problem for about 2 weeks and then it started. With the older version of AW everything works fine and I don't see any disadvantage. Just make sure that the watch has the latest software version. After everything was working for a few days, I updated AW and sure enough the problem returned. so it is repeatable. I spoke to Moto customer support and they are aware the problem.

Alex

If you downgrade the AW app you shouldn't lose watchfaces and apps right? Any features that don't work with the older app? (alongside the newer watch version)

aburman1

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
I see no difference in the watch operation with the older AW. All apps and AW watch faces are there. At least the ones I used. Get the Watchmaker Premium app and you will have free access to the most amazing watch faces made by members. All free. You won't bother much with the stock faces anymore.

Alex