Moto 360 gen2 issue, please help

Greenenvey

Nov 12, 2015
Visit site
Hello everyone, I'm new here I just received my new gen 2 yesterday. I'm in love with this watch. The only issue I have is when I try to send a email with ok Google, then saying the recipient name it never sends it. It just shows a cloud with a frown or something and says cancelled. Any ideas? Texts seem to work fine so I'm baffled

Last edited:

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Have you tried sending it manually through the watch? (Going into a certain contact and selecting SEND EMAIL) Does it work that way? Is the GMail app installed on your phone?

I have the 1st Gen version and it works.

Greenenvey

Nov 12, 2015
Visit site
Good question, I am new to Android wear but I just went in a contact and the only options showing is to call or text. I don't see a way to email. And yes I have gmail installed on my phone.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Do those contacts have e-mails stored on their information? If the contact is only showing text/call then the watch is only getting phone information for said contact.

Greenenvey

Nov 12, 2015
Visit site
I thought you were on to something there lol, I went in and added a email to the contacts I'm trying to email and it still don't show email as a option.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Mmmm...that's odd. Well, it works on the first gen one, don't really see why it wouldn't on the 2nd gen... :S Have you tried resetting the watch? (not a bad idea anyway since Android Wear just updated and that usually helps with battery life if the update screwed something up).

Greenenvey

Nov 12, 2015
Visit site
Ah haaaa you were correct, I added the email Imfo. to my contacts and didn't have a option to send email, but this morning I rever synced my apps and the email opting is there now. Thank you very much for your help...

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
psaturn