Marshmallow 6.0 for Moto 360

mxrider821

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
I'm hoping it will be coming sometime in January or feb, hopefully it comes sooner than later... Any thoughts or news for 6.0? Post them!

P.S. Doze on a watch would be a nice improvement to the battery and performance optimizations, anything helps...

Posted via the Android Central App

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Mmmm... not sure it'll have much of an impact on a watch, since the apps are actually running in your phone. Sure, there are a few apps that do run in the watch, but most are simple 'remotes' for the actual thing on your phone (except Maps... that thing is almost a full-fledged app on its own, although it still used data from your phone).

mxrider821

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
Mmmm... not sure it'll have much of an impact on a watch, since the apps are actually running in your phone. Sure, there are a few apps that do run in the watch, but most are simple 'remotes' for the actual thing on your phone (except Maps... that thing is almost a full-fledged app on its own, although it still used data from your phone).

Trust me a lot can be done with updates. I was one of the 1st to own the 1st Gen moto 360 and it was horrible at first. Terrible battery life and slow sluggish performance almost the time. It now runs pretty good for how old the OMAP possessor is and the battery life significantly improved thanks to updates such as 5.1.1...

Posted via the Android Central App

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, but that is doing something different in terms of OS processes and battery management. Doze, in particular, works mostly for running apps (or at least that's my understanding), which wouldn't be too much of an impact on a watch.

BUT it would be cool to implement that AND the ability to finally run proper, full-fledged Wear apps, not just phone companions.

And I agree with you. I also have the 1st gen 360 and boy, is it night and day! It went from lasting less than a day with normal use to now going through a weekend on a single charge. So happy!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34