Moto 360 won't turn on; Won't connect to phone

MikeyBugs95

Oct 20, 2014
Visit site
I bought my Moto 360 off eBay (I know, I know.. buyer beware...) A few months ago and I didn't have too too many problems with it then. When the watch is working I don't have any problems with it. As long as it is within 15ft of me at all times, it's connected my phone. But if I walk out of Bluetooth range for even the shortest period of time and then come back in, the watch will not reconnect to my phone (LG V20 from T-Mobile). This is the first problem. I have to unpair the watch from my Bluetooth menu and then reconnect it. When I do this I always get that message with the pair code. Sometimes that works. Most other times I have to turn the watch off and back on... Which is were the​ main problem lies. No matter how long I hold the power button, the watch will not turn on. At all. The watch doesn't vibrate nor does the screen light up. The battery isn't dead. I've had this happen when the watch is fully charged. The one time I was able to get the watch to turn on, I triggered the system Boot settings screen. The only way to turn the watch on is by placing it on the charger.

Can anyone offer some insight?

seeing_green

Mar 13, 2017
Visit site
Having exactly the same issue with my Moto360 Gen1 that I've had without problems for a couple of years. I can sometimes get the watch to reconnect by turning it off and on again but most of the time it won't turn back on or crashes after coming on until i put it back in the charger. I've tried resetting the watch a number of times but this doesn't seem to make any difference.

MikeyBugs95

Oct 20, 2014
Visit site
I brought mine used off eBay but was in pretty good condition save a few light scratches on the bottom of the glass and a couple scuffs on the metal body. But mine always connects after being turned back on as long as my phone is nearby. That's only IF I can turn the watch back on. If I turn the watch off (or it turns off by itself; I've had that once or twice with full or not-low battery) and I don't have or am near the charger, I will be left with nothing but a fashionable wrist-weight.

MikeyBugs95

Oct 20, 2014
Visit site
Well it's official. I am fed up with this watch. If I can't get this problem fixed, you can expect a defective Moto 360 to be put up for sale. I am now of the opinion that the Moto 360 1st Gen is an utterly horrible watch and is best used as a fancy paper weight. Which mine now is.