OFFICIAL: Moto C and Moto C Plus

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
it's official: Get the Trusted Essentials You Crave with the new Moto C & Moto C Plus - The Official Motorola Blog

Moto C – Packed With The Essentials
Say goodbye to boring with the updated design, micro-textured back cover and vivid display of Moto C. Available in Metallic Cherry, Pearl White, Fine Gold or Starry Black,* Moto C is impressive any way you look at it.

Keep moving without stopping to recharge. Moto C features a long-lasting 2350 mAh¹ battery so you can focus on what you want to do, not whether you’ll have enough power to do it. In addition to the long-lasting battery, the quad-core processor and 4G speed² lets you toggle between apps, stream music, watch videos and play games with ease. Swipe and scroll through your favorite websites or quickly update your social media status with the efficient processor.

Never miss a moment – even in the dark. Take selfies that are worth sharing with the 2MP front-facing camera featuring its own selfie flash. And with a separate 5MP rear-camera and LED flash, you can capture great photos wherever you are.

Moto C Plus – Power That Moves You
For more trusted essentials, say hello to the new Moto C Plus. Moto C Plus offers a larger display, a more powerful battery and more advanced camera, at a price that fits your budget.

Say goodbye to having to search for a power outlet thanks to the 4000 mAh¹ battery. With Moto C Plus, you’ll have the power you need for up to 30 hours on a single charge. As you go through your busy day, switch effortlessly between work and personal phone numbers with the dual SIM slots in Moto C Plus, or add more room for apps, photos and music by popping in a microSD card.³

Moto C Plus also features a powerful camera, even in low light. With a 2MP front-facing camera and selfie light and an 8MP rear-camera with LED flash, you’ll always get beautifully sharp photos and selfies.

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
Re: First Generation Motorola Moto C (Moto C, Moto C Plus, Moto C 2017)

I think these devices will appeal to folks who like smaller phones, since there aren't many smaller phones at this time.

mohit9206

Jun 30, 2013
Visit site

I think these devices will appeal to folks who like smaller phones, since there aren't many smaller phones at this time.
I hate that we have come to the point where 5 inch phones with big bezels are considered small.
Actually to put things into perspective this phone is almost as big as the LG G6. Hardly a small phone by any standard.
Anyway i have a few things to say about this new Moto C phones.
1. Why not blue color? I really like cyan or sapphire blue or some variation of blue. Why only gold, black, white and red? I want blue!
2. Would have preferred a smaller screen but i see why they went with a big screen. Because bigger is always better and that's what sells these days but i would have been happy with even a 4.7"display.
3. 1gb ram? Is this 2014? Thankfully my country will get the 2gb ram variant so that's good.
4. Am 100% sure Lenovo will not update this to Android O.
Yeah that's about it. Looks like a decent upgrade from my 1st gen Moto E but a smaller size would have been nice.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site

I hate that we have come to the point where 5 inch phones with big bezels are considered small.
Actually to put things into perspective this phone is almost as big as the LG G6. Hardly a small phone by any standard.
Anyway i have a few things to say about this new Moto C phones.
1. Why not blue color? I really like cyan or sapphire blue or some variation of blue. Why only gold, black, white and red? I want blue!
2. Would have preferred a smaller screen but i see why they went with a big screen. Because bigger is always better and that's what sells these days but i would have been happy with even a 4.7"display.
3. 1gb ram? Is this 2014? Thankfully my country will get the 2gb ram variant so that's good.
4. Am 100% sure Lenovo will not update this to Android O.
Yeah that's about it. Looks like a decent upgrade from my 1st gen Moto E but a smaller size would have been nice.

I wouldn't expect OS upgrades at this price point.

mohit9206

Jun 30, 2013
Visit site
I just noticed it comes with Android 7.0. I don't understand why they didn't provide 7.1.1? There are so many security fixes included in 7.1.1, any chance of an official 7.1 update? 7.0 is ancient.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
I just noticed it comes with Android 7.0. I don't understand why they didn't provide 7.1.1? There are so many security fixes included in 7.1.1, any chance of an official 7.1 update? 7.0 is ancient.

What about security patch levels?

mohit9206

Jun 30, 2013
Visit site
Moto C has been officially launched in India for $94. Its the 4G model.
It is quite overpriced. Selling a $50 phone for $94.

mohit9206

Jun 30, 2013
Visit site
It's supposed to be $50?
Its official price is $90 which correctly translates to 6000 rupees but my point is this phone isn't worth that much based on the specs.
Based on the specs this phone should be at most $50.
The specs are worse than Moto E 2nd gen which is 2 yrs old and people were buying that phone for $20 unlocked at various places.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Its official price is $90 which correctly translates to 6000 rupees but my point is this phone isn't worth that much based on the specs.
Based on the specs this phone should be at most $50.
The specs are worse than Moto E 2nd gen which is 2 yrs old and people were buying that phone for $20 unlocked at various places.

I don't think I've seen it as a direct currency conversion.

For example, in India the Moto Z2 Play is ₹27,999. Current currency conversion to US dollars is $434.23.

But in the US, the Moto Z2 Play will be $499.99.

I see articles saying that the Moto C will be ₹5,999. Motorola said the Moto C would start at €89. ₹5,999 comes out to €83.06. Nowhere did Motorola say this would be a $50 phone and you're assumption based on specs is incorrect.

mohit9206

Jun 30, 2013
Visit site
I don't think I've seen it as a direct currency conversion.

For example, in India the Moto Z2 Play is ₹27,999. Current currency conversion to US dollars is $434.23.

But in the US, the Moto Z2 Play will be $499.99.

I see articles saying that the Moto C will be ₹5,999. Motorola said the Moto C would start at €89. ₹5,999 comes out to €83.06. Nowhere did Motorola say this would be a $50 phone and you're assumption based on specs is incorrect.
Again i am not comparing us or euro prices with indian price.
Am saying the phone is overpriced in general.
Even if you ignore the $20-50 price of 2nd gen Moto E, there is still $80-100 G4 Play. G4 play has much superior specs.
Even in India at the same price of 5999 there is the much superior Redmi 4A.
Even my original Moto E which i bought for $100 has a higher resolution display than this 2017 phone.
Either the price should have been lower (about $70/€70) or better specs.
Surely you agree with that.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Again i am not comparing us or euro prices with indian price.
Am saying the phone is overpriced in general.
Even if you ignore the $20-50 price of 2nd gen Moto E, there is still $80-100 G4 Play. G4 play has much superior specs.
Even in India at the same price of 5999 there is the much superior Redmi 4A.
Even my original Moto E which i bought for $100 has a higher resolution display than this 2017 phone.
Either the price should have been lower (about $70/€70) or better specs.
Surely you agree with that.

Are you quoting launch prices?

mohit9206

Jun 30, 2013
Visit site
Moto C Plus has been officially launched in India at a price of 6999 which is approx $110 which is much better pricing than the Moto C which is priced at 5999 ($93).
For $17 more you get a much bigger battery, better rear camera, double the ram, fast charging and high definition display so its a much better value for money.
Redmi 4 however is still better than Moto C Plus as it has SD435 and fingerprint sensor although it does not have the latest OS and its not stock Android which some people prefer.
Both are good options at same price.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itamargs